Chapter 8 - The Unknown Facts

I was still a little shaken by the whole incident. I could still feel Manik's clutch on my arms and the threat in his voice was still ringing in my ears. Cabir had got me to the hotel's restaurant for dinner. Even though I was hungry I felt my appetite had dried up. I wanted to see Manik, wanted to talk him but he was upset with me and it bothered me a lot.

"Nandini you wait here I will just meet the manager and come in two minutes okay", Cabir asked me to wait on the table and I nodded.

"Hey Nandini where were you all day?", Navya's sudden appearance in front of me startled me a bit.

"Amm I was...I was..", I was a little confused whether to say the truth or not.

"And where is Manik? You both were together na?", Navya sounded so sure about the answer.

"How do you know?", I asked without meeting her eyes.

"Come on you both were invisible together since morning and you were with him last night so it is obvious but where is he now?"

I blushed as Navya asked me his whereabouts, " Amm..he is very tired so he went to sleep"

"But I just saw him outside talking to someone; I thought he must have come back to you"

"Really??", I was a little confused with the information Navya gave me. Manik had left for his room in front of us. I was still contemplating when Navya spoke again.

"Nandini.. Do you know Harshad is missing?... I mean I haven't seen him since morning... no one knows anything about him..I thought I would tell everyone about last night but then Manik had asked us not to so I didn't...I got so scared...", Navya went on blabbering but I got thinking.

Manik had said Harshad was in his room then how come he went missing. Did Manik hide something from me? But why?

I excused myself and went out from there I thought of waiting for Cabir but he was taking time besides I felt an urgent need to talk to Manik. I crossed the lobby and entered hallway. It was just 9 but the hallway was empty. As I walked further I felt something behind me like someone following me. I immediately turned back to find nothing. A strange feeling lurked around. I made my pace brisker and walked fast. Suddenly someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me to a dark corner. I was pushed against a solid background may be a wall and before I could scream my mouth was blocked.

"Manikkk", I gasped out of breath. I saw his face coming out of the dark, relief hit me to see his face but I was confused at the same time. I couldn't understand his expressions; his eyes seemed concerned yet there was something strange about it.

"Why are you alone? Why isn't Cabir with you?", he had grasped my hands so tight that it seemed the blood supply was cut off. I felt a rooting pain on my wrist due to his hold.

"Manik I am fine now...I was a little shaken but it's okay...I don't need someone to guard me all the time", I freed my hands from his and massaged them to ease the pain, "Where were you? You went to your room na then how come you are here? Were you following me? And Navya said...", my voice was cut with his finger on my lips.

"Shhh!!!...can you keep quiet for some time", he restricted me to talk in a low warning tone.

"No I can't there is something I need to ask you...about Ha.."

"Later", he cut my words, my voice and my senses as he took my lips into his.

It was sudden almost without a warning. I didn't even have the time to adjust my head and posture before his lips engulfed mine, there was a sort of urgency in his moves but not without passion. He freed my hands from his and pressed me against the wall behind, we were lost in the darkness. One of his hands held the back of my head and the other made sure that I wasn't an inch away from his body. He sucked me hard that I could even let out moans of pleasure, he was almost getting ruthless. I flapped my hands on his chest to let me breath and he finally left my mouth to draw oxygen. I was panting badly but I had not left his collars. I wanted a second round after catching up with my breath.