Chapter 10 - First Hide Out

I struggled with the tape and the cloth that I was tied with. I rubbed the edge of the tape on my mouth against the head rest pole so that it would come off. I tried to do whatever to get rid of the tape and after a grave amount of efforts I finally managed to peel it off, next were my hands I moved my head closer and put my teeth to use and they were actually helpful. Pheww.. brushing twice a day helped somewhere at least. I quickly freed my legs too and got off the bed briskly. I had to watch my way. It was more of a disheveled room as if not put to use since a long time. I felt a strong smell, I couldn't understand what it was but it was disturbing every sense of mine. I covered my nose and mouth to escape it but it only grew stronger as I proceeded further. I yucked and coughed as I walked through a corridor which seemed nothing less than a dark tunnel. I didn't know what to expect at the end of it. My eyes twinkled as I finally saw a vague ray of light. I walked faster to reach it and more so to get the smell out of my senses.

When I finally reached there I really wanted to faint at the sight in front of me. It wasn't that I saw something ghastly but for a vegetarian like me it was serious. It was apparently fishery storage with fishes stuffed in every corner. Now I knew what the odor that was raging havoc within me actually was. There were fishes of all shapes and sizes, some hung and some placed on large ice sheets. It was damn cold too; I was literally shivering with the temperature around. I could see nothing but only fishes around me and the sight made me feel pathetic, my legs began trembling. I could collapse at any given moment.

"Ho gaya bhag ke??", Manik sudden voice shuddered me further. He was sitting on a rugged chair in a corner, "I was pretty sure that you are going to put your excellent brain to some use and that is exactly why I have got you here."

"You are disgusting..you know I am a vegetarian and still you got me to a place like this", I spat out with lots of difficulty with my voice already choking.

"Well I didn't know one had to be that considerate while kidnapping someone...I shall take care of that hence forth", Manik said with a sly smile and a wink as he walked up to me.

I couldn't hold back any more and threw up everything that I had in me. I felt so weak and dehydrated that I flapped my hand in air to hold onto something to be able to stand on my foot. Manik hurried and caught hold of my arms before I graced myself on the floor. I being the adamant self that I was didn't want his help. I tried to use my other hand to free myself. Manik shook his head in annoyance at my futile attempts and swept me into his arms. I had to agree after the puking session I had zero energy left in me to fight with him and the surrounding wasn't helping me either. He looked at my exhausted face for a while and walked back inside. I don't know if it was his cologne or just him but his fragrance soothed me. I had shoved my face in his chest. He carried me back to the room where I was and laid me over the bed lightly and sat beside me.

"Are you okay now?", Manik asked in an almost concerned tone. He wiped my mouth with his sleeve. I turned my face for not wanting to look at him, "I told you not to go but you never listen to me", he sounded a little miffed at my disobedience.

I didn't answer him and just looked into his eyes. He again got the cloth to tie me up.

"Manik please don't tie me up...its suffocating", I pleaded him with soft eyes and a defenseless voice. He tried to study if I was being genuine or pretending to be sweet.

"I really want to listen to you but why do I have a feeling you are up to something and you will again try to escape", he arched one of his brows and asked in suspicion.

His sudden question made me conscious. It was just a few days that we had known each other and he had started reading me.

"You have got me to such a place that I can't escape even if I want to so what I could be planning anyway", I gave him reasons to believe me.