Bruises

I woke up to my alarm going off. I didn't know how I got home, But my keys were in my pocket. I tried to get up to press the snooze button. Boy did I have a headache. I held my side and got up slowly to press the clock. I limped to the mirror. My eye was swollen and I had to go to school. Struggling, I made it to the bathroom. I took off my cloths and got in the shower. The hot water burned as I watched the blood go down the drain. I quickly got out and got dressed for school. I didn't want anyone to see me like this.
"Gooooood morning Central High! Advisor meetings will began during first block. Be sure to eat breakfast. I will make another announcement dismissing you for lunch. Have a good day. Goooooo Tigers! " Principle Phill was too excited this morning.
I tried to hold myself up straight. I couldn't let anyone see me limping that would look so bad. I opened the door and got into the breakfast line. Fortunately, only a few seniors ate breakfast on campus. I put my hood over my head. My eye wasn't swollen now, but it was still dark. I looked up to see Dedra starring at me from across the room. I got my tray and sat down alone. She got up at sat in front of me.

"Are you okay? " she tried to take my hood off.

"I'm good. " I jerked away from her.

"I told everyone that Hoover..."

"You what! " I pushed my tray out of the way. "Now everybody is going to think I'm a punk."

"I told them you were messing with a Hoover girl.. That 10 of them jumped you because of that. I covered your ass Papi. Nobody knows that mainly one girl did this to you. Nobody knows that we... Well. "

I grabbed her hand. "I'm sorry. I.."

"No, I'm sorry. I should've told you her name and what she looked like. I didn't know it was her until I recognised her voice. "

"It's alright." I said calmly.

"We don't date Brit.." Dedra said to me. That was a new nickname. "We broke up last year. She was my first. She's obsessed with me and won't leave me alone." Dedra paused for a second. "I wouldn't set you up baby. "

I didn't know what to say to her.

"I'm sorry she hit you. I tried to get up but.. " She interrupted me.

"The team wouldn't let you. I know.. She made me watch. "

She put her head down slowly. Dedra must've really cared about me. I grabbed her chin and kissed her forehead. Her face was still red on one side.

The bell rang. "All students that have math advisors please report to office suite 206".

"I'll see you later. " I threw away my tray.

I walked down the hallway quickly until until I got to the office suites. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Said a male voice.

I exhaled deeply. "I'm looking for Ki.. Mrs. Latimore. "

"Next door to the right. "

I knocked on the next door.

"Yes, come in."

I walked in to find Mrs. Latimore facing her computer. Have a seat she said not looking around to see who I was.

"What math do you take? " she asked.

"Calculus with Algebra." I responded shortly.

"What period do you take it? " she said still facing her laptop.

"Fourth block. " I began to play with my fingers.

"Okay." She began to type my information in. "And now I need your last name. "