Visits (Part 1)

It had been three days since Brittany Jones was hospitalized.

"Brittany can you hear me? " said Mrs. Latimore.

....

"Give her time. The brain is like a computer, it takes time to rebut and process things."

"Do you know what caused her to black out like that?"

"Well looking at her xrays, reports and vitals, Ms. Jones had a minute coma. Comas are caused by an injury to the brain. Brain injury can be due to increased pressure, bleeding, loss of oxygen, or buildup of toxins. The injury can be temporary and reversible. It also can be permanent.

Mrs. Latimore bought her hands to her eyes.

"She also has a hair line fracture on one of her ribs, slight internal bleeding, and a little head trauma. "

"Oh my gosh. "

"In Brittany's case, it's reversible. She'll be fine. She just needs sleep and time to heal properly." The doctor assured her.

Mrs. Latimore moves from standing over Jones.

"Now, this information is confidential. As an doctor, I am obligated to follow the Doctor-Patient Confidentially Law. My nurses reported you asking a lot of questions.. Exactly how are related to my patient Brittany Jones?

Mrs. Latimore pauses for a minute.

"Ah.. I'm her family.. We're cousins. She's my cousin. " Mrs. Latimore lied.

"Well, Mrs. Latimore, I think we should give Brittany some time to rest. " Said the doctor.

He reached for her hand.

"You go home now. I'll speak with my nurses and put her on the no visitation list. Don't worry, we'll take good care of her. "

"Thank you. " She responded.

She pats her eyes dry and walks out of the room. The doctor speaks with his nurses concerning Jones and Mrs. Latimore. He tells them to monitor this suspicious cousin and put Jones on the no visitation list. "Put her on a drip of Zolpidem. Let her rest more. I'll come back and complete my test. " The doctor said. Brittany's IVs dripped slowly. The hospital was almost silent except for the steady beat of monitors.

2 hours pass.

Brittany's door creeps open. Footsteps approach her bedside. An evil smile grows on the face of Brittany's watcher.

"Wake yo punk ass up. "

...

"I said.. Wake yo punk ass up."

The visitor pushes their fingers into Jones' injured side.

"Wake.. Up.."

Jones' heart monitor increases from it's slow pace. Brittany didn't wake up, but a frown grew across her face.

"That's right pretty boy.. Open your eyes. "

The visitor snatched Jones' IVs and needles out of her hand and arm. The monitors suddenly alarmed that something was wrong. Brittany's heart raced. There were no nurses around.

"You thought I wouldn't find you pretty boy? You were wrong. "

Brittany's eyes began to twitch. The visitor removed her oxygen mask. Suddenly Brittany went into a seizure. Her body sporadically moved on top of the bed until, calmness came. She no longer twitched. He face had no expression. She didn't fight for her life anymore. She became still and her body grew limp.

**TO BE UPDATED AND CONTINUED**
Comment for the next chapter. Who is the mysterious visitor? Is Jones dead?
Read "My Girl's Best Friend"
"I'm in Love With an Dancer"