Dead Silence

"I'm sorry I cannot let you in. Doctors orders mam." The nurse shuffled her papers at the desk.

"I just want to see her again before I leave." Mrs. Latimore pleaded.

"Doctors orders mam. " The nurse shrugged her shoulders. "Come on, I'll walk you out. Ms. Jones is in the best hands. I assure you she'll be fine."

Mrs. Latimore snatched away from her while clutching her purse.

"I don't need you to walk me out. " she strutted away from the nurse.

The nurse turned around as the sound of clacking heels echoed across the tiled floor.

"Mam! You cannot see her now. "

Mrs. Latimore wiggled the door handle.

"Mam! " She grabbed Mrs. Latimore's shoulders.

"Don't touch me! " she burst into the room.

"Oh my gosh! "

"Someone call security A.S.A.P. " The nurse yelled.

Mrs. Latimore rushed in to find Brittany's machines alarming. She looked at the stranger above her lover's seizing body.

"Someone help me! " she ran to the bed. She cusped Brittany's face, "Someone help! "

The stranger stormed out of the room.

"I need a doctor!" yelled the nurse as she grabbed a red box full of equipment. "Mam you have to leave."

"No!"

"Security in room 217." yelled the nurse. "Doctor we have a code blue. "

"Prepare to shock in Three.. two.. One... "

Thump... A lifeless body lifted up from it's deathbed, and fell again.

"Again! Prep for shock. Three.. two... one.." The doctor said in monotone.

"Clear." Said the nurse.

The sound of someone running down the hall disturbed the quietness of the Hospital. Principle Peeters and Dedra were coming to visit.

"You think she'll like my card?" Principle Peeters asked. " It has a Marijuana leaf on it, and I put a little bag in it from my personal garden."

"I think she'll like it just fine." Dedra said as they both laughed. "I bought her a twix. She'll have the munchies after seeing your card".

They chatted cheerfully as they walked up the hall until someone interrupted them by running between them.

"Move!" Shouted the person in a masculine, yet feminine voice. The person shown no remorse as they rushed down the hall.

"Who was that?" Principle Peeters turned around to see dreads and a tall figure.

"I don't know.. But they looked familiar. " Dedra responded. "Hey!" She called out to the stranger.

The stranger turned their head before running around the corner.

"Kesha?" yelled Dedra. She dropped her candy and ran after her. "I'll come later Mr. Peeters".

Principle Peeters continued to walk down the hallway until he reached the hospital rooms. Outside of room 217 he saw Mrs. Latimore sitting against the wall. She was holding herself in a tight ball. She wiped her face quickly with a tissue.

"Mrs. Latimore ?" Asked Principle Peeters.

"Principle.." She stood quickly to her feet and dusted her skirt off. "Ah.. Hi." She tucked her hair behind her ear. Her eyeliner had been smeared lightly.