Wrinkles

"Rise and shine!"

A C.O banged his baton against the cell bars.

"Here's this morning's slop."

He slid a tray of brown and green goo under the bars.

"Thanks officer ass wipe." I said. He laughed and slid another tray under the bars.

"What.. No juice?" The older lady woke up and asked.

"No juice Linda." He responded. "We got expired milk though."

"No thanks Jack." Linda declined him.

I pulled my tray closer to myself and just stared at it.

"Don't worry kid. " Linda chuckled, "It's not as bad as it looks." She scooped the vomit to her mouth and ate it happily. I pushed my tray away.

Time ticked by quickly that morning, and eleven a.m. arrived quickly.

"Well would you look at the time." Linda said looking at her kiddie watch. "Time to go to talk to your lawyer kid." She smiled. "Remember what I told you.. Stay out of here."

"Thanks Linda." I said quietly. A C.O came to our cell shortly after eleven forty-five.

"Jones?" He asked pointing at me.

"Yes sir." I said in a uniform army manner sarcastically.

"It's time to speak with your lawyer."

He came into the cell and pulled me to my feet. We walked back down the hall way I entered when I first arrived. He took me to a metal door with a small window. He inserted a key and pushed me inside.

"Damn man. You ain't gotta be so rough. Swole ass." He slammed the door and I waited another fifteen minutes. I took a short nap, but it was interrupted.

"Hello." An older voice woke me up.

I wiped the slob from the side of my face. The wrinkled old man was apparently my lawyer. "God, they gave me Jerry Springer as a lawyer." I said in my head.

"Hey." It was a short and dry greeting.

"Are you doing alright today?" He placed his files and coffee on the metal desk and pulled his chair back.

What I wanted to say was "I'm in jail, how the fuck you think I'm doing?" But I didn't want to be disrespectful. "I'm okay, " I said laying my head down. I felt depressed.

"Well, you don't look okay." He said sitting down.

"I'm fine."

"Alright Ms. Jones." He opened his file of papers. "I see you don't have a criminal record. I'm not going to file this on your record either. How about we just let you go?"

"Really?" I said sitting up excited. I just wanted to lay in my own bed again.

"Yes really." He said grinning. "All of his wrinkles shown.

"Just look this file over. Don't forget the fine print." He passed over a huge stack of papers.

I read each paper one by one until I got to the last page.

"Ready to sign?" He took a sip of his coffee. He picked up a pen and clicked it for me.

I grabbed the pen slowly, "Wait.." I said. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure." He replied.

"I'm Brittany Jones."

"Well of course!" He said confused.

"You haven't heard about me?"

"I heard you were screaming at pedestrians Ms. Jones, but we can eliminate that off of your record."

"No, no, no." I said shaking my head. "Did you hear about the murder in the infirmary a few days ago?"

"Yes. " He said sitting his coffee down. "The murderer actually did a confession early this morning. We're are working on closing the case, and contacting the deceases family."

"What if I told you that's not the killer."

"I wouldn't believe you." He replied to me. "Now if you'll sign this contract Ms. Jones," He began to rush me, "I'm making you a good deal. I do have other clients to see."

"What if I told you the victim isn't dead."

"Okaaaay." He slid the paper away from me. "So you want Public Disturbance on your record."

"No!" I yelled. "I'm trying to help a friend."

He ignored me and began to pull out another stack of information.

"I can tell you the girl's room number. Her address. I can tell you her name. I know her birthday."

"How do you know the victim was a girl?" The lawyer asked me. "That information hasn't been released to the press. The public wouldn't know that information." He squinted one of his eyes at me and pushed up his glasses.

"What if I told you I'm the victim."

...

"What if I told you I'm that Brittany Jones." I said. "And the lady you have in the psych ward is the wrong person."

He didn't say anything.

He stood up and walked out of the door.

**COMMENT AND ADD ME ON INSTA FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER (INSTA) _papi_suave **