ten | story time

I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed my water bottle from the fridge when Jungkook ran down the stairs. Lee Min started crying and Jungkook turned his gaze towards me. He awkwardly smiled and ran over to Lee Min. I sighed and walked over.

"How old is he?" Jungkook asked, carrying him.

"He's two," I sighed, sitting on the couch. I opened my water bottle and drank.

"Why didn't you go with Jin and them?" He asked and I swallowed.

"I have to watch him," I said nodding towards Lee Min. "Also, I thought you were going."

"I guess we're both watching him." Jungkook said sitting down by me.

Silence

"Remember when we were younger..?" Jungkook began.

"You thought I was the ugliest girl ever," I said shrugging a bit. He looked at me with his eyes widen before letting out a small chuckle.

"I did... I told you I would never marry you, but then we became best friends, right?"

"Yeah, because we found out our parents were close. You were so mean to me back then. You always called me ugly." I uttered, pursing my lips.

"I stopped after our parents had a get together right? That day we became besties." He laughed. "Because you looked pretty."

I slightly laughed. "'Because I was pretty.' We were five. What did you know?"

"I knew a lot of stuff. I wanted to kiss you that day, remember? I tried multiple times." He said, laughing from embarrassment.

"Yes, I do. You failed horribly. My mom dressed me up that day because I told her you kept calling me ugly. She told me that you'll fall for me after this... And you actually did." I said and smiled confidently. "Then you wanted to marry me."

He slightly laughed.

"Then we started hanging out. It started with, 'Do you want to marry me?' Plus, I was your body guard too." He said trying to move Lee Min's hands away from his face.

"Right," I laughed. "Our moms' walked over to us and asked you if you were crazy. They were gonna get us engaged. And your bodyguard business... I couldn't even get a boy to come near me. We were just best friends." I said and rolled my eyes. "Overprotective,"

"You were like a sister to me, okay?" He said and I shrugged. I played around with my water bottle and Jungkook set Lee Min on my lap.

"Did you miss me?" He softly asked, his face softening. I looked at him sideways and put Lee Min on the ground not saying a word.

He scooted closer to me. "I missed my best friend." He said and opened his arms wide to give me a hug.

I slightly laughed as my cheeks burned up. "Come," He said, grinning and I scrunched up my nose.

"No thanks," I slightly laughed, trying to break eye contact when he suddenly wrapped me in a hug.

This reminded me of the time he left for a week to go to a family vacation. At this moment, he was doing the same thing he did when we were younger. I looked at him, my heart feeling like it was bout to burst.

"I know you missed me," He said and I slowly smiled

-

"Jessica! Watch him carefully." I told her as she walked towards Lee Min with a bottle.

"Yes, yes I will. Go have fun with your fakesoontoberealboyfriend." She teased as Jungkook walked down the stairs. I sneered at her before I walked out the door.

Jungkook followed from behind and we got in his car. "You better get your acting skills on." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"I was born to act." He said and smiled with his teeth. I scrunched up my nose and gestured him to start driving. He slightly laughed and I did also.

"So who is this Mark guy anyways. I know he's your ex boyfriend, but is he even hot? As hot at me?"

I arched and eyebrow. "He was hot in my eyes. Now he's dog poop."

"You really hate him, huh?"

"Yes, I do. So please don't mess up this plan." I replied.

-