twenty four || it's just the start

[Emma]

"Jessica? God, what happened between you and Jimin?"

"Wait, wait, wait a second. You and Jessica are dating?" Jungkook asked Jimin making a me wonder too.

"Emma..." She said with a shaky voice, making me remember I was on the phone with her.
"Jessica, are you okay? Want me to come over?"

"Mhm..." She mumbled.
"O-okay."

We hung up on each other and I grabbed Jungkook's keys. "I'm driving your car." I said putting my shoes on.

"Um, excuse me? No," he said walking over.

"It's an emergency." I pleaded.
"Here, take my other car that I don't really care about." He said throwing me a different key. He took the key I had in my hand and waved.

"I wanna know why too." He said grinning and walked back to Jimin. I slightly smiled at him and walked out the door.

I knocked on Jessica's door two times. She opened it with big puffy eyes. "Oh my gosh, you look horrible." I said wide eyed. I walked inside and we walked to the living room.

"Tell me what happened. Are you okay?" I asked and she sighed.

"It's really stupid. I don't know why I would even cry because out this." She slightly laughed.
"Did you guys fight?"

"No, it's about his mom." She rolled her eyes. "She doesn't like me, Emma."

"His mom? Why not?" I asked with confusion.

"I don't know? Because I'm not rich like them? I'm probably not good enough for Jimin."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Well, all I know is Jimin doesn't care about that stuff. He likes you for you. He's at Jungkook's house. You're breaking his heart."

She sighed and I gave her a hug.

"You both are adults now. Don't let parents get in your way." I told her.

-

"Let's go somewhere," Jungkook said while I ate my ramen.

"Where?"
"Anywhere."

I stared at him. "Let's go to the park." He said and I slurp the last of my ramen and stood up. He grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me towards the door.
"Tsk," I groaned glaring at him.

At the park we walked by lakes that were about to turn into ice and leaves that were slowly falling. "Winter is almost here." He grinned. "That's cuddling season." He joked.

I slightly laughed. "Are you trying to find a partner?"
"You could be it," He said, "You wish," He slightly laughed.

I rolled my eyes and nudged him.

"Emma?" A familiar voice said. I looked around and noticed Mark. He walked closer to me. "Hey,"

I glared at him. "Hey, do you wanna go home?" Jungkook asked taking my hand.

"Emma, we should talk." Mark said grabbing my elbow. I moved his hand away and backed up. Jungkook tighten his grip on my hand.
"Emma,"

"I want to ask you something, Emma." Mark said and backed up.

"What?" I asked him.
"I broke up with Sooyoung."

I rolled my eyes. I began to turn around when he stopped me. "I realized she wasn't the one for me. I-I miss you."

I heard Jungkook laugh and I faced Mark. "What a joke." Jungkook said and I stared at Mark. I don't know if I should believe him or not. I still have feelings for him but it's going away. It comes back every time I see him.

"Mark," I said and he walked closer. Jungkook pulled me towards him away from Mark.

"No," Jungkook said and Mark chuckled.
"You both aren't even dating, get over it."

"What?" Jungkook asked squeezing my hand. "What would you know?"

"I know Emma more than you do." Mark sighed and faced me. Jungkook let my hand go.

"I want you back." Mark said looking deep into my eyes.
"I," I looked at Jungkook.

"I'll wait for your answer," Mark said and backed up. "Let me know. You still have my number."

He walked away and Jungkook sighed. "Well, dang." He said and we turned around.

"Which way?" Jungkook asked as we stopped in the middle of two ways we could walk to his house. "There's a faster way, over to the right and The other way, in the left is a longer way."

"Why are you asking me that? You should know." I said and he smiled.

"Pick a way." He said and I shrugged.
"The faster way?"

"Stupid," He mumbled and I stared at him taken aback. "Okay, go." He said nodding towards the right.

"Come with me." I said and he shook his head grinning. I rolled my eyes and began walking.

Then I noticed a group of guys standing by the corner of the aisle. They looked over at me and smirked. My heart raced and I backed up. I turned around and screamed Jungkook's name while running.

I ran to where me and Jungkook were before and noticed he was sitting by the poll. I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I'm scared." I said and I felt his arm around me.

"I knew you would come running to me." He mumbled and I looked up at him. He was grinning the whole time.

I pulled away. "What the heck?"
He laughed and pulled me to a different street. "My house is over there. Let's go."

I stared at him. Why did he do that? Why did he trick me? Was that on purpose?

At home I took a cookie of out the 'kookiedough' box. I sat down next to Jungkook and handed him one. He took it and faced me.

"Are you going to say yes to him?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I'm not sure. I kinda feel like it, but he broke my heart."

"Emma," He said and I took a bite from the cookie. "Remember when I saved you when you fainted? I told you that you owe me something and I told you I'll remind you if I think of something."

"Mhm, did you think of something?" I asked and he looked deep into my eyes.

"Can you... Not say yes to Mark?"

-

Okay, I LOVE THIS GIF & I actually updated early in the day than usual. This is a long chapter :) so, happy reading! ♡

 This is a long chapter :) so, happy reading! ♡