twenty || thanksgiving

"Mom!" I shouted as I opened the door. I ran and gave her a hug.

"I missed you sosososososo muuch." I cried hugging her tighter.

"I did too, honey." She said.
"Mom!" Nickhun shouted. "Mom!"

She pulled away and tears started forming in her eyes as soon as she heard Nickhun's voice. "Nicky." She cried and he ran over and gave her a hug. I slightly smiled as I watched.

"Mommy!" I heard Jungkook shout from the kitchen as soon as his mom, Kim, walked in. He was watching the turkey in the oven.

"My baby kookie!" She shouted, "I'm home!"

He ran over and gave her a hug. "Dad is coming later." She said pulling away. I looked over at my family. For the past ten years... Thanksgiving has been pretty lonely without my dad. It had only been me and my mom.

Later in the day Jungkook's dad came in. I gave him a hug and we chatted for a while. It's been so long since I've seen him.

[Jessica]

"Come over for thanksgiving." Jimin said over the phone. I sat down on my bed and crossed my legs.

"Why?"
"Because,"
"Because?"

"Because I wanna see you and introduce you to my family." He said and my heart raced. Meeting his family?

"Um, introducing me to your family?" I said nervously. "Isn't that...-",

"No, it's not too fast Jess. I just want my family to know who the girl I like and the girl who I am dating is."

My heart fluttered. "I have to spend time with my family." I said and I could hear a groan through the phone.

"How about your family visits also?" He asked, "You could bring them to my house."

I shook my head. "No, no." I said and cleared my throat. "I'm not confident enough yet."

"Well, I am, my cute little bunny." He said and I slightly laughed. I bit my bottom lip. I wasn't sure, because I felt nervous. Meeting your boyfriends' parents is a scary thing.

"Well see, I'll talk to my parents about it." I said.

"Okay!" He said excitedly.

-

[Emma]

We said our thanks and began eating. "Hey, Emma." Nichkhun said as I ate a spoonful of rice.

"Hm?"

"Are you dating?" He asked and I almost choked thinking about Mark. I shook my head.
"Not anymore."

"Why?" He asked and I drank water.

"She wouldn't want to talk about it." Jungkook said and I looked at him.

"You broke up with Mark?" My mom asked and I sighed.

"Who's Mark?" Jeremy, Jungkook's dad asked and Jungkook cleared his throat.

"A jerk she dated." Jungkook said and I kicked his leg. He was sitting next me and flinched.

"A jerk?" Jeremy said, "Why is he a jerk?"

"Dad, don't get into this." Jungkook said groaning.

"I'm happy you both broke up." My mom said and I rolled my eyes. "I didn't like him anyways."

"What am I getting into? Jungkook, are you apart of this?" Jeremy asked and I sighed deeply. I continued eating.

"Honey, there's nothing to worry about." Kim said.

"But what does Jungkook know about the break up? Clearly, it seems he knows something." Jeremy argued.

"Honey, this is youth problems. Leave it alone." Kim said and I stared at Jeremy.
"I understand, I'm sorry." He said and drank a glass of water.

"Are you done eating?" Jungkook asked and I nodded.

"I didn't know a question would cause an argument." Nichkhun mumbled to his wife. I punched his arm while I stood up with Jungkook.

"Oww." He groaned. I glared at him for being disrespectful.

"Let's go take a walk." Jungkook whispered taking my hand. My heart beat ran faster with his touch and we walked out the door.

[Jessica]

I knocked on the door nervously. My heart was beating in the inside. My parents wouldn't come so I did thanksgiving with them earlier. The door opened and Jimin stood there grinning at me. "Hey,"

"Hi, my parents aren't coming." I said and he frowned.

"Why?" He asked and pulled me inside. "It's cold," he said closing the door behind him.

"So tell me, why?"

"I don't know, they're pretty busy nowadays." I said and he intertwined our fingers.

"It's okay." He said and lead me to the dining table.

"Are you Jessica?" His dad asked and I smiled.

"Hello." I said politely.
"Nice to meet you." He said.
"You too." I said and sat down next to Jimin.

"Hii," his little sister said waving at me.

"Hi." I said grinning.

"My name is Hani." She said, "I'm five years old."

"Oh, nice to meet you Hani." I said and Jimin squeezed my hand.

His mom walked in and sat next to his dad. "Jessica?" She said and I nodded smiling.

"Hello." I said politely.
"Oh, hi." She said and my smile slowly faded. She sounded disappointed.

omg currently editing this book and skipped to this chapter to tell y'all that the only reason i named jk's dad "jeremy" was bc i had a crush on a donut boy whose name was jeremy lolololololol. i really wanna change the name now but since so many people like him i probably won't. lmaoo ok bye.