A Drunken Mistake - 'It has to be some kind of joke.'

New upload!!

Hope you guys all like it!

Enjoy <3

'I'd always been treated like an object, not like a human.'

Katy's POV

Was it some kind of joke or dare? Why was Dylan Thompson, hands down hottest guy in our school and famous actor asking me to lunch? Me, the nerdy loner girl that no one talks to. It has to be some kind of joke.

But I've made up my mind that I'm going to the lunch room but to get lunch, if it's a joke I save myself some embarrassment but if it isn't, he can come find me in the line.

Perfect solution.

Dylan's POV

She's not waiting for me. I Should have expected it, it was clear no one has ever asked her to lunch before, she must have thought it was a joke. Well I'm gonna prove her wrong.

I go inside and look for her in the lunch que, spotting her about half way through standing by herself.

"I thought you were gonna wait for me," I say flashing her my hundred watt smile only to see her eyes widen in shock at the fact I'm here.

"Yeah well, I didn't think you would come," she answers looking forward.

I lean down and whisper in her ear, "why wouldn't I come, if I asked you myself?"

I could tell by the way she was shifting forward and the fact that her face goes the colour of a strawberry that I was making her uncomfortable, but I can't help myself. There was something about this girl that makes me want to be close to her.

"I thought it was a dare," she replies honestly, still staring forward.

"I wouldn't do that to you, I promise," I say truthfully, moving away slightly to try to see her face, that had suddenly gone even redder.

"Why are here, why are you having lunch with me? There are hundreds of girls at this school all prettier than me and dying to have lunch with you, so why me?" she asks, finally facing me with pure curiosity in her beautiful eyes.

I honestly didn't have an answer to that.

"I honestly don't know but I know there's something about you that makes me want to know more."

"Believe me, there's nothing to know," she says facing forward again.

"How about we start with your name?" I ask suddenly realising I don't know it.

"Katy," she replies looking at me again and smiling a smile that completely lights up her face. If I thought she was pretty before, her smile makes her beautiful.

"Katy, you know you really should smile more, it lights up your whole face."

She smiles at me again before looking down at her shoes and blushing.

"Err thanks."

We finally reach the front of the line. She goes to get out her money but I reach to stop her, there was no way I was letting her pay.

She looks at me confused, before I get my wallet out and pay for of our lunches.

She frowns and goes to argue but I give her a look that says there was no questioning it. I was paying and that was final.

"Thank you," she whispers and smiling her amazing smile at me again, a smile that you can't help but to smile back at.

"You're welcome."