A Drunken Mistake - But I have this feeling it's meant to stop beating now

Here's the next chapter for you all!

I'm loving the support I've ben getting lately on this story, it really means a lot so thank you everyone!!

This is a Dylan chapter, no Katy sorry!

Please let me know what you guys think, vote and comment.

Thank you!

Enjoy :)

‘People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end.’

Dylan’s POV

The sun starts shining through Katy’s bedroom window, the place I’ve been calling home for a month now. Every day after a long day of searching, I’m come back to Katy’s apartment and get into her bed.

Laying here, smelling the vanilla on her pillow makes me feel like she here with me, even though I know she’s not. It makes me feel slightly closer to her.

This is the only comfort I can get, I can only fall asleep to the smell of vanilla and the feel of her bed, nothing else seems to work.

I crawl myself out of the bed, looking around at all of Katy’s belongings.

The little teddy bear sitting on her dressing table, one she told me her dad gave to her when she was a child. The lines of perfume on her selves that manages to give her the unique smell I associate Katy with. The pictures of Katy with family, friends, me…

They all bring back strong memories of the girl who makes me feel like I’m home. Without her I’m lost.

I quickly shower, waking myself even more; I need to be as alert as I can when I’m searching. Then I walk into the kitchen to make breakfast.

Amy sits at the kitchen table, staring at a bowl of cornflakes that sit in front of her. There’s tear trails down her cheeks, left there from the tears she’s cried for her best friend. Hearing me come in, her head snaps up to look at me.

“Morning,” I whisper, my voice still lined with sleep.

She just nods at me, clearly not trusting herself to speak.

She looks exactly how I feel.

I make myself a bowl of cereal and sit down at the table with her.

“You coming out today?”

“No, I can’t face it today. Today is Katy’s birthday,” she cries.

Wow, it’s November 22nd, it’s her birthday.

She is 22 today.

She should be here, celebrating her birthday in style with us, going out and getting off her face like I know she would want to. She should be home.