A Drunken Mistake - "Holy S**t"

Hey guys! Here another update for you all lovely people!

If you're looking for something new to read, why not check out my new story called '19th Century Girl'. I'm really excited about this new book so why not check it out?

Anyways hope you enjoy on the last chapters and let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

"What it's like to be a parent: It's one of the hardest things you'll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love."

Katy's POV

As I stand in front of the door, suitcase in hand, I'm in shock that I'm actually here.

I've returned to the country that once held such misery, but now, I'm looking at it a fresh.

The weather doesn't seem as gloomy, the clouds don't seem to be weighing on my shoulders anymore. The quiet surrounding me doesn't feel me with dread, it calms me. I'm a completely different person I realise as I stand in front of a house that me and Dylan can now call home.

The hardest part of all of this was the emotional goodbye at the airport. I never thought I would experience anything as heartbreaking as having to say goodbye to Dylan as I moved to California, yet somehow, leaving my best friend seemed to tear my heart out even more.

This girl has been my rock, my saviour. She housed a complete stranger, one that was scared of being alone and flinched at physical contact. Yet somehow she became someone that I learnt to rely on. And now she's thousands of miles away, and I have no idea when I'll see her again.

I feel two strong, soft arms wrap around my bulging stomach, and a warm breathe in my ear. Just like always, the action has me relaxing into him.

"So, you ready to cross the threshold?" Dylan asks me, taking the suitcase from my hand and placing it on the floor.

I feel a grin stretch across my face as I stare at the house that's ours.

"Oh hell yeah!" I laugh.

Next thing I know, I feel Dylan wrap his arms around my legs and my feet leave the floor. He's now carrying me towards the door.

"Dylan, put me down. I probably weigh the same amount as a small planet, I'll crush you."

"Really, because you still feel light to me," he smiles at me, "besides, it's tradition. I have to carry you over the threshold, we don't want bad luck now do we."

"I think we've had enough bad luck to last us a lifetime," I sigh.

"Agreed, so let me carry out the ancient tradition that I don't really understand but history demands I do anyway," he smiles, finally carrying me through the door.

"Happy?" I ask.

"More so than I ever thought possible."

I can't help but let a lovestruck grin spread across my face. This man is my soulmate, there's no denying that.

That night is bliss.

We unpack boxes, set up the TV and computers, order pizza and eat it on the floor, toast our new house with sparkling apple juice since it's not advised that I toast with the real stuff in my condition.

After the pizzas been eaten and the boxes thrown away, I hear a ringing sound coming from my computer.

Looking over, I squeal in excitement.

"Dylan! It's Amy skyping us!" I practically scream as I excitedly press the accept button. I hear Dylan come running in, skidding to a stop next to me with an excited grin stretched across his face.

Excitedly, I press accept. Suddenly, Amy and Kyle's faces light up the laptop.

"Ahhhhh!!!" I scream at the screen.

"Ahhhhh!!!" Amy screams back.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Kyle's terrified face as he watches mine and Amy's display of affection. It's only been a matter of 24 hours, but already I miss her like crazy.

"Dude, I'm scared," I hear Kyle say to Dylan.

"Mate, me too. They sound like a pack of wild animals," I just turn to look at Dylan with my eyebrow raised, silently asking him to repeat what he said. Smiling sheepishly, he leans forward and kisses me on the head. "A really cute pack of animals," he tries to recover.

"Yeah whatever," I hear Amy laugh from the screen as I snap my attention back to my best friend.

"Well it's offical, the apartment sucks without you," Amy sighs.

I look at her sadly, knowing how she feels. This house almost feels empty without her in it. I look to Dylan, nodding at him that now would be the time to show them.

"So, you want a tour?" Dylan asks them.

"Hell yeah! Do you really think we went through the trouble to Skype you just to talk? No, we want to see this home yours dude," Kyle jokes.

Room by room, we take them virtually on a tour of our house, showing them how we plan to decorate it and get it ready for the baby.

"And this is our favourite room of all," Dylan tells them, gesturing to an empty room with an en suite.

"Really dude, this one? I mean personally, the jacuzzi bath tub was the highlight of the house I believe," Kyle says, looking confused as to why this is our favourite room.

"I think you'll change your mind in a minute," I tell them, they continue to look on in confusion.

"This room, is the Amy and Kyle room!" Dylan exclaims at them. I hear them gasp in surprise.

"Wait, that's our room? You guys have a room for us?!" Amy screams.

"Of course we do. You don't think we would buy a house without an Amy and Kyle room now do you?" Dylan admits to them, laughing the whole time.

When went house hunting, we knew we needed four bedrooms. One was always going to be theirs.

Suddenly, I feel something trickle down my leg. Looking down in confusion, I see that leggings are damp.

I haven't wet myself have I?

And then the crippling pain hits me. I scream out in agony, causing Dylan to snap his head to me in alarm.

"Katy! Katy, what's wrong?" He asks in panic, the computer no longer in his hands but on the floor. I can't find it in me to speak through the pain.

"Katy, you better answer him in the next few seconds or I'll find a way to climb through this computer screen," I hear Amy say in worry.

"I think... my waters... just broke," I manage to breathe through the crippling pain that is attacking my stomach.

"Holy shit!"

A Drunken Mistakeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें