Chapter 4•I can't Dance

We quickly made our way under a canoe walking our way to the bottom of the ocean floor. I was in the middle of the two boys, Jack in the front and Will in the back.

"This is either madness or brilliance." Will commented and I turned smiling at him letting out a bubble of a laugh.
"It's amazing how often those two words coincide." Jack remarked in return.

As we walked on the ocean floor I felt a stinging in my side. I looked down and winced the the now noticeable deep slash in my side. Red covered the clear water and I knew Jack and Will were worried. But I was fine, honestly. I helped in a yelp as I stumbled after Will did, seeing his foot was stuck in a crate. I smiled as shook my head, swimming down to release his foot and he smiled gratefully.

Finally, we had made our way climbing onto the huge ship silently approaching them at first.

"Everyone stay calm!" Jack announced as I slid down the rail and Will jumped over the other side. "We are simply taking over the ship."

I pulled my sword out for effect as did Will, but he said something incredibly stupid, "Aye! Avast!" He said it in the most stereotypical 'pirate' way making my face go red from holding back a laugh.

My brother looked at him, simply shaking his head at the poor lad. All around us the crew laughed thinking we were joking.
"This ship cannot be crewed my two men and a woman. You'll never make it out of the bay." Jack warningly cocked his gun in the center of the Captains head.

"Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. Savvy?" The men looked afraid and the Captain abandoned ship not wanting to see his men hurt.

We undocked the ship knowing the Commodore had by now seen us and slowly sailed off pretending we were making a break for it.

"Here they come." Will said. A wave of nausea went through me. And it wasn't because I was nervous. This wound was probably making me suffer blood loss.

"Damn it." I whispered to myself. Pressing my hands against my side. Taking my hands back I noticed they were covered in blood. I sighed deciding to ignore it until we reach the Interceptor. As the opposing crew fled on our ship we unnoticeably swung a rope onto their ship.

"Haha! Yes!" I cheered. Cutting off the connection ropes with a smiled on my face. I watched as the planks toppled loudly into the water and giggled when the Commodore crew tried swinging onto our boat but missed horribly.

"Thank you Commodore for getting us ready to make way!" Jack grandly said waving his hat in the air.
"We couldn't have done it without you!" I added on smiling.

Gunshots soon followed and I ducked to avoid them. I smiled when they tried loading the cannons that we had disabled. I gave them a sarcastic blow of a kiss waving them goodbye.

• • • • •

I had made my way to the lower part of the ship tending to the gash after putting some alcohol on it to disinfect it.

I grabbed a warm wet rag wiping away at the smeared blood. And cringed at the red stains in my white shirt. After wrapping tight bandages around my wound I reluctantly put on the shirt.

"Now the only rules that really matter is what a man can do and what a man cannot do." I heard Jack say as I made my way on deck. "For instance you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man, or you can't."