Chapter 18• Reunited

Battle screams were heard and bullets fired from different directions. Fog went up into the air each distraction switching my attention. I yelped in surprise as a blade swept against my arm, turning to a small Navy man with a roll of my eyes. They have really downgraded since Norrington haven't they?

I shrugged at the man, whipping my blade across my head and meeting his in the middle. From behind I heard cry and the loading of a gun, ducking down quickly the Japanese warrior killed the Royal Navy man before I literally cut the legs from underneath him in one sword stroke.

"Was that necessary?" I heard Will from behind me, fighting a guard as he accidentally unbound him from the pole. I grinned, spinning around and stabbing another man in the stomach who aimed a gun at me.

"I've been bored the past few days, let me have my fun!" I shouted back tossing him a sword, kicking a mans sword from his hand watching him run away. Two men had bound my arms, and as I looked up to see their uniforms I could only assume they'd want me publicly hanged back in London.

Before I could react, William had me pinned down to the floor as a bullet shot off above us, killing one of the twins. "God I missed you." William said letting me up, the two of us killing men that came at us from opposite directions.

"It's only been a few days, Turner." I chuckled.

"Ready! Aim!" A dozen on the guards stopped us from battle, and our escape. "Fire!" Tensing, I waited for the bullets that were ceased by a bomb killing the lot of them.

William led me by my waist, trying to get out but naturally we were stopped by swords and guns through the strip. We were separated and everything was a blur around me as someone pushed me into the water diving in after me. "Who are you?" I gasped when I came from the murky water, bombs bursting around me. "Oh you." I seethed looking at the man who had forced me to get undressed under his perverted eyes.

He gave me a sadistic grin, raising up his dagger from the water as I stabbed him from underneath. I felt him tense around the blade before going limp.

"Charlotte?" I heard Barbossa yell the same time as Will, my head snapping to a boat that was a little ways from me.
"Of course." I growled, beginning to swim there.

"Over here!" I panted as I neared the ship, watching William, Elizabeth, and Barbossa practically melt in relief at seeing me trail after them. They tossed a rope down to me, William wrapping me in a warm hug once I reached the deck. "You have to stop worrying me like this." He mumbled against my hair.

"Says the man who disappeared for a few days and was being tortured." I retorted giving him a big smile when we pulled away. I gave him a kiss on the cheek, going to stand by Tia Dalma and Elizabeth.

"Do you think he'll honor the call?" I asked the dark skinned woman who looked out upon the waters.
"I cannot say. There is an evil upon these seas. And evil even the most brave and bloodthirsty pirates have come to fear."

Soon, the crew had fallen to a rest, each going to their designated sleeping quarters. Will and I sharing one of the four cabins. I had brushed out my hair as William changed behind me, hating each knot I ran into. I gasped when I felt his hands wrap around my waist as he sat from behind me. His rough hands trailed down my arms that had fallen to my lap in a ticklish manner. I smiled softly, leaning into his chest as he played with the engagement ring he gave me.