Chapter 14• Mine

I shivered wrapping the blankets tighter around me glaring at the crewmen. Will was speaking to them about battle plans however, I didn't trust them at all.

My eyes scanned the room landing on a dress. A very familiar one. Elizabeth's dress. "What's this?" I questioned walking to it.

"A dress, it just showed up on the ship. The crew thinks it's good luck as it told us to go to Tortuga, and we made a lot of profit there." The captain answered.

On the inside the letters were embroidered with the initials E.S. This was Elizabeth's.

My head snapped to the sound of boots coming down the steps, my posture tending immediately. "Sir! A ships been spotted!" The crewmen announced.

"Colors?"
"She's not flying any, sir."

Will and I looked to each other in fear, the captain voicing out thoughts. "Pirates."

All of us rush to the upper deck, my heart sinking at the ship. "Will, it's the Dutchman."
"I've doomed us all." Will faintly said staring at the approaching ship. Will climbed up on the ropes of the sail hoping to get a better look, only to almost fall from the ship lurching to a stop.

I shrieked, grabbing ahold of the railing, nearly falling over only to see hell itself. Holding us to the sea, were huge tentacles it's hold crushing the ship.

One of the tentacles started its first attack reaching for one of the men, pulling him into the depths of the water. "Get to higher ground!" I ordered in a frenzy looking at the confused crewmen who did not listen to me.

Rolling my eyes as my heart rate sped up, I latched onto the ropes climbing as high as I could to the mainmast. The ship teetering below me teasingly. The octopus giving us the benefit of the doubt. Until another tentacle reached out for another poor soul.

"IT'S THE KRAKEN!"

From above, I watched the tentacles rise from the sides of the ship, slowly sinking us, or eating I don't know.

"Will!" I shouted desperately looking for him. "Will!"

"Charlotte!" I heard his voice call. "I'm over here!" I looked over in relief seeing him on the lower mast near the side of the ship my heart lurching from my chest as the ship leaned closer his way to the ocean.

The crew fought back only making the Kraken even angrier as it's slimy as lashed out, breaking everything in its path. I screamed in fear as it even broke the mast Will was on, it coming my way. "Come on William!" I shouted practically begging for him to be okay.

And he was, he lept from the mast onto mine, his knife impaling the flag as he found nothing to hold onto but he latched onto the log connecting the mainmast together, heaving his body up.

My eyes shifting from Will as shadows had come over our ship my stomach dropping.

Its tentacles stretched far higher than our ship, coming up so quickly you couldn't stop it but slow enough I could see ever little pore.

I let myself drop from the rope I held onto, following to where Will was. But as I saw the tentacles curve I've the ship I knew it was too late.

The ship had snapped like a twig and my body found itself jumping off the ship in my last attempt for survival.

The water crashed around me shocking my body as I blindly looked for the surface, the salt from the water stinging my eyes painfully.

Gasping for air as I finally reached the surface, I coughed madly thanking the heavens, that is until Davy Jones's ship came back into view, rendering me to go back under it's view, climbing up the side out of sight.