Chapter Two: Shadow

Sometimes enough was enough. Dick could only handle so much of the dark hallways and endless training Daimon.So when he felt like he needed some air, he would always go out to the city of Bludhaven. Why? Because he likes to pester the previous Robin now known as Red Hood. Jason Todd did not know it, but it was him who brought him to the Lazurus Pits. Don't misunderstand, it wasn't out of pity bringing him back, no, it was out of loathing. Bruce never could stomach his little birds going astray. And that is exactly what Jason Todd did, and Dick savored every moment of it.

" Good evening, Red." Dick cooed from the shadows, letting the teen know of his presence.

Jason rolled his eyes a bit, not even bothering turning around. "Shadow...What do you want, you annoying pest." Shadow, the name Jason gave the voice, would often come and talk to him, whether Jason wanted him to or not. He would give pointers on combat one second and the next it would flip to a 'what lovely weather we are having' conversation. Whoever the owner of the voice was, he never stepped out of the shadows, and it always ticked him off.

" oh, I'm hurt." Dick chuckled a bit, still staying out of sight.He knew very well that his random gibberish was well..just that, but in his eyes it was his way of assessing the teen as a future threat " I hear you are stopping an arms deal today, hope you got backup."

" I don't need backup " Jason growled.

" Is that so?" Dick trailed off, making it sound that he knew something Jason did not.

" I take it you are following me anyway, so you can cover me as 'backup'. His voice dropped with sarcasm.

" You know that I am not one to intervene..what would be the fun in that?"

Jason scowled, he was not going to play Shadow's games today and he jumped over to the next rooftop. He was not going to let that ass keep him from beating in a few skulls.

"So where are your friends today? Not showing up?" Dick asked slowly. After his death, Roy had disbanded from the team, why he was not exactly sure, but a few months of being completely MIA, he showed up side by side with the newly resurrected Jason. Dick made sure not to show up when he was around, afraid that his voice would be recognized by his former teammate. 

" Shove a sock in it, I said I didn't need help!" Jason slipped in between an ally before closing in on the arms deal that was currently going on. It didn't take much to stop it, actually it makes at have been a new record on how fast he disarmed them and beat the men senseless. After all of that was said and done, he let out a triumphant smirk hidden by his mask. Wherever shadow was, he hoped he had a front seat view of how he kicked ass and proved him wrong. He turned on his heels and started walking away, only to hear a gun's safety being turned off. He spun around quickly, but the sound of a gunshot was already echoing through the air. Jason blinked a bit, looking down to see where he got shot. There was no blood..no pain.. Surely at the distance between the gunman and him..there was no way he missed. Jason looked up to see a shadowed figure in front of him, sword in hand and a dead body of the gunman in front of him.

"Only turn your back on a corpse. You should know better." Dick was unsure why he jumped in front of the bullet. It was reckless and now he has been seen. Today was not a good day. Lucky for him however that the bullet hit his Kevlar armor, it will only leave a small bruise. He turned to see a shocked Jason Todd, which made him smirk slightly. " I know I'm good looking, but there is no need to stare,Red." Sarcasm evident in his voice.

"...Shadow.." Was all that Todd mustered to say. This guy barely looked older than him!

" yeah, I thought we covered that fact already." Dick sighed heavily. There is no real point in returning to the shadows, so he just stood there and crossed his arms. " Now, what was that about 'not needing help'?" He grinned a bit.

" I would have dodged it." Jason grumbled before examining the figure in front of him. Dark hair and clothes with a domino mask and the stance of a trained killer.

" Sure you would have." Dick smirked a bit." Well, this was fun and all, but I have to be somewhere. Later Todd." He grabbed a grappling hook and aimed it to the rooftop. " remember to watch your back next time."

Jason scowled deeply " How do you know my name."

Dick pondered for a second, it was as good time as any to make his presence known to those who had wronged him. The demon brat will be glad to hear his debut as Bruce's son will be coming up very soon. " I am just a shadow of one you shadow..and that will never change. Tell Bruce that a storm is coming, and it will destroy everything that he cherishes." And with that, he once again disappeared into the shadows.

------
A/N
Hello birdies!
Sorry for the short chapter! But hey! I updated finally! Thanks for all the reads. Love you all.
~ Ringleader_Robin