Chapter Eleven: More Talks and less Music

"He rocks in the treetops all day long

Hoppin' and a-boppin' and singing his song

All the little birdies on Jaybird Street

Love to hear the robin go tweet tweet tweet"

The song blared loudly over the speakers of Mount Justice, leaving its occupants in a state of confusion. Tim had rushed to the computer controls to see what was going on, only to find Dick Grayson jamming out without a care in the world.

"Tweet Tweet little Robin, how are you this fine afternoon?" Dick grinned happily.

"Every little swallow, every chick-a-dee

Every little bird in the tall oak tree

The wise old owl, the big black crow

Flappin' their wings singing go bird go"

"What are you doing!?" He hissed a bit, quickly rushing over to turn the music off but Dick stopped him.

"Come on, this song is absolutely perfect, besides, now that most of the others know that I am well..me... I am sure they find it just as perfect!" The bat had wanted to have some one on one time with Damian, so Dick thought what better way to spend his free time causing a little bit of an uproar? of course, Connor still did not know and Dick made sure at all costs to avoid him. Come to think of it, he probably should apologize to Miss. M too. Maybe if he apologized with everyone in the room, Connor might not beat the living daylights out of him. Possible, but highly unlikely.

"You are going to get League members in here if you don't turn this off! I am not going to be able to explain how you hacked into the cave systems just so you can play this ridiculous song"

Dick let out a fake gasp of hurt. "Ridiculous? This song is asterous and we all know it!" He sighed and raised his hands in surrender " Fine, no music. Party pooper." Dick turned off the music and plopped onto the chair. "And here I thought that things would be a little more entertaining.."

"You know what would be entertaining? Telling everyone you are alive so we don't have to walk on glass every time someone sees our little group chatting. I almost got punched in the face by Connor the other day because he caught us being friendly towards each other. Dick, this is cruel, you need to tell both Batman and Superboy." Tim tried to put his opinion in, not sure if what he said would go over the other's head or not. Or worse, if he took his words wrong and snapped. He really did not need another anger episode from Grayson. Tim knew that he usually does not mean it, unlike Jason, he tries to keep his anger under control, but with that being said, it is like opening a flood gate when he does get angry.

Dick let out a tortured groan, the very idea of doing such a horrible thing gave him goosebumps. " We all know Bats would definitely put one of those child leashes on me, if he found out I was still alive. That, or wrap me in a ton of bubble wrap while he scolds me for the decisions I've made. I got over the whole 'replacement' thing, but I still cannot get over the fact that I will never be looked at the same. Seeing me will hurt him more. It is simple as that. Look at me, I am back to my old ways, I am unstable, and I still have a knack for screwing everything up."

"Then you leave me no choice. Do not get me wrong, I respect you, we all do, but we have been talking.."

"Drake, so help me if you are going to do what I think you are, I will no longer hold Damian back from ripping your throat out." Dick scowled

"This will ensure Damian's safety. You want him to be safe right?" Tim challenged. Sure, he still hated the demon brat, but that does not mean he could not use that as leverage over Grayson. He was sick of keeping this lie up. It has been weeks and he made no move to regain contact with Bruce, who still thought he was dead. " The choice you are making is putting him in danger and you know it." Dick gave Tim a warning glare, and the words got caught in his throat. He was pushing his boundaries. " W...What I am trying to get across is that you claim that you are going to protect this family of yours, but how are you going to do that when most of the family does not know that you are alive and would not fight by your side if you were in danger? None of the actual League knows of your existence, and I think the logical and most beneficial choice is to change that." He finished.

Dick listened as the boy finished, hating the fact that Drake knows his severe soft spot for family. He hated even more the fact that he was beginning to agree with the new Robin. Perhaps it was best to get out of the shadows for good, it would get rid of most of glares he had gotten over his time here. "You know, I fear that my stubbornness has begun to rub off on you."

Tim gave a cheeky smirk. "Learned from the best after all. So does that mean I should expect a dysfunctional family reunion in the near future?" He asked, unable to help but get his hopes up.

Dick rubbed the back of his neck in thought. "You do realize the second this becomes known, all hell would break loose, correct?" He mused, but could not stop a grin from forming on his face. "I guess I do get that dramatic entrance after all."

Tim rolled his eyes slightly but let out a small sigh of relief. Things were about to get less complicated. "Should I question what you are planning?"

"You will just have to roll with it and watch my dear little bird. Wait and watch." Dick cackled, turning back on the music, but louder so everyone could hear and not ignore.

"Rockin' robin, rock rock

Rockin' robin'

Go rockin' robin

'Cause we're really gonna rock tonight"