Chapter Six: Mount Justice

"I'm telling you Garfield, there is something off about him." Tim whispered to Beast boy. He didn't know what it was about Shadow, but he felt like he knew him. However, when he went to do some snooping, nothing showed up. He figured as much, but even with the jump drive the Previous Robin left in their possession before his demise held no information on the assassin or the child of Bruce wayne. "He is hiding something and I want to find out what it is."

"Dude, he sounds dangerous, you should inform the League not just the team. Then again, bro..you have a shadow in your home..do you realize if Connor finds out.." Beast boy started but was cut off as Connor entered the room.

"I already heard it all."

connor scowled, glaring at Tim, grabbing him by the collar "How dare you let one of them into your house!"

Tim stayed calm, knowing if he instigated this argument, it would end badly for him. "I did not have a say in the matter. If it were up to me, I would have made him leave. However, Batman wishes to keep close tabs on him--" Tim was once again cut off when Connor tightened his grip.

"The owner of that uniform would never allow this."

"Connor stop!" M'gann flew in. "He would also not want you to act like this, please..Let Robin go."

"Do not use that name! He is not Robin!" Rage built up inside the kryptonian. This person would never be Robin. He will never be that happy acrobat that befriended him, and he will never be able to replace him either. He shoved Tim to the floor, scowl increasing as the boy stood up and dusted himself off.

"I know that I am not him...But I am trying my best." Tim sighed. "He was my hero, and I want his memory to live on."

"Well you're doing a bad job at it." Connor spat.

"Recognized.. Ro...Ro...Sh..G..Guest..Shadow..X01 " The zeta beam glitched out, as a figure walked out of it. "Hope you don't mind, I had to hack into the place." Dick chuckled a bit at the faces gawking at him. "I see that you have already told your team of my existance, guess there is no point in hiding it. Thought I would come by and say 'hey'." Dick gave a snarky salute, trying to ignore the pain in his chest when he saw M'gann and Connor. "Wow this place is a dump, you sidekicks deserve better."

A flash of yellow and red appeared before him. "We are not sidekicks! Who the hell are you?"

"Geez, calm down Wally, I'm not going to do anything. Like I said, I came by to say hello." Dick sighed heavily, Why was he even bothering with this? He was going to give himself away at this point. However, Tim Drake already thinks there is something up. He needed to stop the bleeding before he has the entire League on his scent. But again, what greater pain could he cause Bruce than to let him know that he was alive this whole time and back to his old ways.

"How do you know my identity?" Wally glared, his green eyes narrowing.

Dick mentally slapped himself , he used his civilian name, there is no going back on that. "You don't think I would come here without doing a bit of research do you?" Nice save. Dick's mind raced a bit as he spoke, good thing he knew how to keep a straight face under pressure. "But once again, I do not plan on doing anything, even if I wanted to I can't." Well, that was actually the truth. The next day after his reveal, he was forced to put on an inhibitor collar. He would surely be fried once Bruce finds out he disappeared, knowing Tim the tattle-tale: the second this conversation ends he will be on the line with the bat.

"You are the assassin." Connor noted, it was not a question.

"I know you don't like my kind here, but hey, the first bird was one, can't I be an exception too?" Dick cooed slightly, wrapping an arm around Connor. A brave move that might very well have his arm broken. However, scowling or not, it was good to see his friend again, even though said friend looks like he wants to kill him. " Let bygones be bygones. I am stuck here with you all for now. So let's make the most of it." Dick stopped when he felt another presence in his mind. Oh great, not only does he have to deal with the stalker, but now he has to deal with a martian trying to invade his thoughts. He glanced over to M'gann, giving her a warning glare. "If you want to know about me, I would rather you ask instead of trying to invade my head. It's rather rude and I do not appreciate trespassers in my head. "M'gaan's face turned red and looked away. Good, that is one problem solved. Dick rolled his eyes before returning to Connor. Why was it so difficult to face him? These past years he has been nothing but bitter towards all of them, yet here he was feeling guilty for keeping the fact that he was alive a secret. Uhg, feelings.

"Do not talk to M'gann like that!" Wally snaps at him, glare intensifying. "She does that with all the bad guys, and that is what you are. Don't feel bad about it M'gann. Wally looked over to M'gann but she seemed not to be paying attention, instead she was staring at the assassin.

She had felt these emotions before, it was a sense of deja vu that she could not shake off. However, she could not put a finger on it. The teen was covering up his emotions, he knew how to block martians from his mind and protect his memories. HAve they met before?

"Are you going to stare at me all day? I know I am good-looking and all but taking a picture will last longer." Dick retorted, a smirk once again appearing.

Then it hit M'gann her eyes widening a bit, the voice was similar to the first time they met.. She frowned before setting a mind link with just Shadow. 'Robin?...Is that you?'

Dick froze slightly before whipping his head to face M'gann again. 'The Robin you are referring to is dead. I am not him.,

M'gaan flinched a bit and her heart felt like it sank into her stomach. She had given herself a false hope, and now memories of Robin were resurfacing, tears beginning to fall.

"What did you do to her!?" Connor yells, grabbing a hold of Dick's arm and gripping it tight.

Dick hissed in pain, if Connor added any more strength he would have broken his arm. "I did not do anything! She asked a question and I answered it truthfully!" He glanced back at M'gann. It was the Truth..He was no longer the boy they remembered and honored. He is nothing more than a ghost with the need to take things from others and cause pain to those who had wronged him... Dick Grayson is dead, and all that is left is a shadow.

"Connor...please.." M'gann sniffled "He did nothing wrong. He is telling the truth."

"But you are crying!" Wally protested, glancing back and forth at the two.

Dick was about to reply but a force of electricity shot through his body, causing him to fall to his knees. "Damn..looks like the bat noticed my disappearance." He grit his teeth as black spots began to fill his vision. He needed to get out of here, it is too risky here to fall unconscious. He tried to stand but his limbs felt like lead. He looked up to Tim. "Do not let looks deceive you little bird. What is dead will stay dead." And the next thing Dick felt was being grabbed by someone as he fell forward.