Chapter Eight: Little Army

"You have been awfully friendly with Shadow recently." Jason scowled, noticing just a second ago they were chatting like they were best friends, which not only annoyed him, but most of members that made up of both Justice And Young Justice League members.

Tim looked up, he was struggling to keep a smile of of his face. Dick had just been talking about helping him train, THE Dick Grayson. Tim was to the moon just thinking about it. "Uh..yeah, he is not that bad.." He trailed off a bit. He promised Dick not to speak of his identity. Was it a bad decision? Most likely, but he could not miss the opportunity of one on one time with the original boy wonder. When everyone else finds out, there is no doubt in his mind that he would not get as much time and attention. He better take it while he has it, right? The only downside is that the demon spawn Grayson came with was getting even more irritating ever since he got closer to the ex assassin. If Tim didn't know any better, he would say that the brat was trying to kill him. Scratch that, he knew without a doubt that the child wanted to kill him and that is another reason he stayed close to Dick, to make sure his head stays attached to his body. "I mean, yeah he is still can't be trusted...but like he said: we are stuck together." he quickly added, trying to give a reason why he was getting comfortable with him around.

"I want you to stay away from him Tim, he is bad news" Jason did not like the way that Shadow just slid right into his life like nothing was wrong with it, he changed his life once and he had the uneasy feeling that he was going to do it again.

Shadow stepped in holding a few various bags of chips and dressed in some everyday civillian clothes and some sunglasses , Damian following behind at his heels like a duckling. "Tim let's go already, what is taking you so long?" 

"Where are you going?" Jason narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Bats allowed us to go to Mount Justice, we are going to go train. Damian decided to join us so you can come along if you want, Jay."

Jay scowled at the nickname Shadow had given him, it was yet another nerve struck. He glanced at Tim , who once again seemed to find nothing wrong with this situation. Matter of fact, he was following behind him just like Wayne Jr. was. What sick mind game was Shadow playing at? It was like he was making his own little army , and Jason tried to ignore the urge to want to join in. What was it about shadow that made him so..followable? Jason grunted a bit and waved his hand. "I'll join you when hell freezes over." He stormed off after that.

"Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the grave." Dick smirked before realizing that Damian and Tim were at each other's throats again.

-------

After a few minutes of defusing an argument between his birds, Dick managed to get all of them to the Mountain in tact. Damian was wearing a mask and a hood while Dick felt in the casual mood, thus the chips, sweatshirt, and sunglasses. He felt Lazy today. Assassins gotta get a break too. He walked into the training room where he found Black Canary and Artemis training. They stopped instantly when they stepped in. Dick grinned a bit. "Oh don't mind us, please continue."

Artemis growled and went to grab her bow, both Tim and Damian stepped in front of Dick to her surprise and she stopped the movement, taken aback at the fact they were both taking his side. It made her sick. "Why are you standing by him Robin? He is a threat to all of us and is not welcomed here."

"Ouch, that was harsh." Dick gripped his chest in false pain. "You cut me deep Artemis." He turned to Black Canary, who was also glaring him down. "Now that is the mean look that you used in your profile..I always did prefer the kinder version." He mused a bit. He always liked her, even though she was basically his shrink back then.

Black Canary froze, she felt like she had this conversation before a long time ago. This child obviously knew something she did not, and she had a feeling the two who shielded him know what it is too. She glanced over to Tim, who seemed so sure if that there did turn out to be a battle, that he would stay by the Shadow's side.

Dick clapped his hands together breaking the awkward silence that was created by his presence. "We came here to train, we meant no harm in--"

"If you came here to train, let's have a go, right here right now." Artemis glared coldly.

"Hey!" Tim spoke up "He said he would spar with me today, back off."

"Not like you would last against him, you are too weak." Damian commented.

"What was that you little freak?" Tim snapped at, shoving him away from Grayson. "I lasted far longer than you have!"

"Now now ladies, you are both pretty." Dick quickly stepped in to defuse the fight. "In all honesty, I was not in the mood to spar, and the young archer here needs a partner. So how about you little robins go and get the mockingbird? Besides, you need some variety in your training and I wanted to visit someone here before I somehow manage to get kicked out." he whispered to the boys before stretching. He knew the two wanted to protest, but said nothing. "Good." He turned his attention to Black Canary and Artemis. " Watch over them for a while, I have other things to do here. And don't worry, Batman knows I am here ,so before you go in full attack mode like last time." He cackled and walked off leaving the birds to do some sparring, and a certain archer who overheard him calling her the name 'Mockingbird'.

-------

A/N

Hello Birdies! I know that nothing really eventful happened in this chapter and you are all most likely like :

But believe me, The next chapter will be worth it. Thanks for reading!

~Ringleader_Robin

(Kit)