Chapter Seventeen: Flashbacks

A/N
Wowie it's been so long! Hiya fans, how have you been?!

A/NWowie it's been so long! Hiya fans, how have you been?!

Hahahaha it feels like ages honestly. I bet you were all worried that this story would never see an update ever again! No worry my fans, for alas, I have returned with a (short) update that you will (hopefully) enjoy. All I ask is that you do not kill me for how this chapter seems to have a length deficiency.

Well, I bet you all want me to stop my rambling and get on with the story. After all that is why you are here. Not to listen to the sill 'ol admin.

Okay then. No problem. I will shut up lol.
Enjoy!,
~Ringleader_Robin
(Kit)
------------

"Grayson! Unhand me this instant!" Damian thrashed trying to get out of the embrace. "All I requested was some of your time so you could accompany me while I train. Wait is this some form of attack, Grayson? Are you purposely trying to suffocate me?!"

"Don't be ridiculous, Little D. I'm just happy you want to spend time with me!" Dick cuddled up to Damian. Sure the other was threatening him as he did so, but he didn't mind.

Wally and Connor passed by in the halls, stopping to watch the scene play out in front of them.

"Man.. Nightwing loves that kid I swear. It's hard to believe that's the same guy as last night."

"Last night was a result of this."Connor huffed a bit, watching silently as the two rough housed, throwing somewhat playful punches at each other.

----(the flash of backs aka flashback)-----//

Dick placed his foot firmly against the assassin's throat. "I won't repeat myself twice. Are we clear?" He growled. "Tell be where Raas is hiding himself or I will skin you like the snake you are." He leaned down and pulled out all of the hidden weapons on the assassin, taking the daggers and holding them up examining them, not once removing his foot from their throat.

"ROB!-- I mean Nightwing!" Wally sped in. "What are you doing? This is not part of the plan!"

Dick looked up, eyes narrowing behind his domino mask. "Part of the plan? The plan is letting people like this get away? AGAIN!?" Dick growled. Flicking one of the knives downward, the knife barely missing the killers head by a deadly accurate millimeter. " Did you forget that these are assassins? They are trained to kill no matter what!" He threw another knife, once again barely missing.

"Nightwing, this is not the way to get things done, you know that." Aqualad frowned. "If you do this, you are no better than them. "

"I am better than them. If I wasn't , I would be the one on the floor." Dick added more of his weight. "The more we let go the more we will have to fight later--" someone pulled him off with brute force, the assassin taking the chance to make a run for it. "SUPES PUT ME DOWN NOW!" Dick basically screeched "He is getting away!"

"You need to calm down." Connor replied, not budging at the kicking,punching, and even clawing to break free.

Connor kept his ground, waiting for the other to blow off some of the steam, which eventually he did give up. He was still pissed, but he gave up.

---(end of the flash back)----

"It sounds almost like you're jealous Supes." Wally teased but froze when he noticed that Nightwing was giving an icy cold look. Both tensed and continued to walk.

"I'm glad to have him back... But one second he is himself.. The next he is in full out assassin mode." Wally scratched the back of his neck. "Honestly, he scares me now. I don't know.."

"He is still himself. It's just stress." Connor denied with a scowl. "You try coming back to life."

"Jeez I know you two are like...best friends or whatnot, but we both know the path he is going down will not end good. I mean, what if he actually killed someone!?"

Connor tensed "He wouldn't." He tried to sound sure, but uncertainly tugged at his gut. He wouldn't kill again... Would he?

"If you say so." Wally frowned more "But if he keeps going in like he is. He will not be able to go on any missions."

"What are you losers blabbing on about?" Jason crossed their path and soon blocked the way."we talking about Nightwing?"

"Oh..Hood? What are doin' here?" Wally blinked in confusion. Come to think of it, he has been around more often since they all found out Rob was alive.

Jason tensed a bit. "I was.. Uh..."

"Let me guess, you wanted to take Robin out to fight crime in Blüdhaven again." Connor crossed his arms.

"I don't have to explain myself to you." Jason growled. "Shad—Nightwing, understands how to fight crime the right way. Unlike you goody two shoes–"

"Red!" Dick's voice sounded out, and he was in the hall too, a grin on his face. " I haven't seen you in three days, I was beginning to think you croaked."

Jason laughed, something that was a rarity. "Think again birdbrain."

"Need help bashing in faces?"

"Uh.. No."

"Then what?" Dick blinked looking confused.

"Well I was asked by bats to babysit you."

"...."

"....."

Dick and Jason both bursts out laughing.

"Am I missing something here?" Wally and Connor both watched them laugh like they had lost their sanity."

"Oh.. Well Bats like to keep an eye on us. It's funny because last week it was vice versa and I had to tail Red Hood."

"Basically it is a twisted game of hide and seek." Jason chimed in.

"I won last time. I found Hood the first day."

"That's because you cheated!"

"Since when is a tracker cheating? It's being resourceful? Well I already promised the little demon I would train with him. Do the game of game of tag will have to wait ."

"Fine. Only if I get to join in."

"You know he won't like that."

"Does it look like I care?"