Back To Newcastle

Tom and I had been together for four Months now. Everything had been amazing up to this point, it's not us it's what he's getting me to do... I've been trying to pick up the courage to call my parents, I know my old home number off by heart, it was just I was worried if they didn't care, if the didn't want me to call...

"Come on Jess, the twins are in bed we'll call them together," Tom told me softly as me sat at the kitchen table staring at me phone.

I sighed and held the phone in my hand. "Tom I can't," I told him. "What if they put the phone down?"

Tom out his arm around me and kissed the side of my head. "Then you can say you tried," He told me.

I nodded and typed the number into my phone and turned it to speak. After a few rings, someone picked up...

"Hello?" A women asked.

I took a shaky breath. "Hello, I was wondering if you could help me, does the James family still live there?" I asked softly.

"Yes they do, who's calling please?" The women asked.

I took a shaky breath and closed my eyes. "My name is Jessica James, I'm Ian and Louise's daughter," I told her.

I heard her gasp. "Jessica, is that really you?" The women asked.

My eyes grew wide. "M-Mum?" I asked.

"Oh Jessie you're alright!" My Mum exclaimed as she chocked a sob.

Tom smiled and held me tightly. "Mum I'm so sorry, I should have called you sooner, I just- I was scared to pick up the phone," I told her and cried a little.

She sniffled. "Jess don't you ever think you can't talk to me. I love you and I always have done, I shouldn't have pushed you away. I'm sorry," She told me. "I saw you on the TV not too long ago about a new film you're staring in, congratulations. Your brother has seen some of your movies. You've gone so far, we're all so proud!"

Tom held my hand across the table, he squeezed my hand then gently brought it up to lips.

"Oh Mum, can we meet up, I want to see you again, please?" I begged.

Hearing my Mum say those things just made me want to hug her.

"You must come back home, we all want to see you, especially Luke, he missed you the most. When can you come down?" She asked.

"Whenever it's okay with you," I told her.

"This weekend, please?" She begged.

I smiled at my phone. "Of course," I told her then I remembered. "Mum, I think you need to look me up tonight because, erm, well, things have happened since I was eighteen."

"We'll talk this weekend," She told me. "I love you Jessie, I'll see you soon."

I sniffled. "I love you too Mum, I always have," I told her and cut the call.

I wrapped my arms around Tom's neck and kissed him firmly on the lips, my tears slipped onto his cheeks.

I pulled away and brushed my nose against his. "Thank you for talking me into doing that," I mumbled.

Tom cupped my face and smiled. "I told you, didn't I?" He asked with a grin then used his thumbs to wipe away my tears and I nodded.

"Tom, will you come with me?" I asked quietly and bit my lip.

He smiled and pulled me close. "I was going to come anyway," He told me. "We'll do this together."

I giggled "I love you," I mumbled into his neck.