Prologue

sʜᴇ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴋɴᴇᴡ what was ahead.
As Lucina sprinted into the direction of the portal, she could taste her fear- a bitter, cold feeling that nobody could fight- at least, not truly.
   The blue light gleamed brighter as she ran faster, not aware of any of the risen or tongues of fire burning her. She needed to do this; for her kingdom, her family, and everyone that was with her- or of what remained at her side.
"Naga, please..."
   As her fear still stayed lurking inside her, she had hope. Hope that this wouldn't be the future, Hope that she would keep her father and mother alive, and hope that she would see her family again. Alive.
    Time seemed to slow down as she approached. Her sheath stayed attached onto her side carrying Falchion- her fathers own blade, her hair was altered short and topped off with a gold tiara, and a masked covered her left eye, where she hid the brand of the exalt. Ignoring the scars stinging throughout, she passed by the risen, dodged the fire, and jumped.
    Adrenaline washed out the fear and attacked Lucina with numbness. Was she dead? Certainly not. She couldn't see- hell, she felt as if she was blind, if she could feel anything.
    The scene froze around her the second she was halfway through the portal.  Something was pulling her back. A risen perhaps? They were all around the land, as that was what she last saw after sprinting through. As Lucina struggled to be pulled into the past, she could sense herself being teleported, yes, the electric blue light turned into a piercing white. She was traveling, and being pulled back by someone- something- whatever it was- was blocking her. If only she could reach her hand through...

She fell.

***

-enchantedfangirl / Chrom / Lucina