Chapter 1 - The Encounter

ɪᴛ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʜᴏᴜʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ Lucina had started running. Her legs were so numb she could barely feel them anymore, and her lungs were begging to stop for air.
But she didn't stop. Ever since packs of risen killed her father she hadn't stopped moving, knowing that she would soon have to before she collapsed from hours of escape. The sun was sinking into the sky, notifying everyone the world was going to be painted in darkness in minutes. Taking one glance at the empty path behind her, Lucina fell helplessly, gasping for oxygen.
The princess paid no attention to her surroundings as she seeked rest, laying her face on the beaten up gravel. The world seemed to spin around her as her breaths slowed down, giving her the time to close her eyes slowly and sneak away from reality. She felt empty; as if nothing had happened. After several minutes, Lucina was sent to sleep.

***

    The faint sounds of metal snapped her awake. Standing up Lucina felt unsteady, ashamed that rest hadn't made the difference to her exhaustion. Pushing away her dizziness she looked up at the sky, now with darkened by the colours of midnight. She was surprised that nobody had found her dozing off in the woods for the several hours of her nap,
Yet.
    Withdrawing her fathers' blade Falchion she scanned her surroundings, hoping that it was just her imagination that caused her to hear things. But her tension grew bigger as a twig snapped behind her, followed by a trace of a shadow.
Finally knowing that this was not her mind playing tricks on her, Lucina tried speaking, her voice coming out as a quiet whisper.
"Who's there?"
She wasn't sure if anything would have heard her, as there was no reply. Trying to calm her thoughts down she cleared her throat, trying again.
"Show yourself!"
Lucina was silent as a young man stepped towards her, bearing a mask that covered almost his entire face. Lucina stared at him for a moment, eyes locking when she noticed the axe he was holding.
"I don't mean any harm." He said, noticing her gaze. To make her believe the statement he set his weapon down, dropping it lightly on the ground. Still having no trust in the stranger Lucina sheathed her blade, keeping her hand readied on the hilt incase of attack.
Silence rang through the air as they didn't know what to say. Lucina bit her lip impatiently as she waited for the man to talk, hoping that he was not an enemy of any sort.
"I'm sorry for startling you," He finally spoke, "but, I suppose we do must introduce one another. My name is Gerome."
"I..."
It took a few seconds for Lucina to find a reply.
"It's Lucina. Listen, I need to-"
She stopped speaking when nausea hit her like a bullet. Staggering back a searing pain met her head, forcing herself to stop from groaning in pain.
"Are you alright? You seem a bit pale..."
A few seconds later she was knocked unconscious, collapsing on her knees. With the scene unraveling out before him Gerome rushed up to the princess, grabbing her gently.
"Lucina!" Was the last thing she heard before the voice faded away, echoing over and over again in her head until her senses went completely black.

-*-

(A/N) - And that's it for today :D it took me a couple of days to finish this. Picture is not mine! If anything doesn't make any sense to you than feel free to ask me! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

-enchantedfangirl