Chapter 5 - Naga's Speech

"sᴏᴍᴇᴅᴀʏ, ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴀʀ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴇɪʟᴅ ғᴀʟᴄʜɪᴏɴ. ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ᴏғ ɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ, ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ?"
Lucina echoed those words in her head, turning the sword gently to reveal the patterns embedded on it. It was the most divine object she'd ever seen- the gold flames rising up to the tip of the blade, the red handle representing glory and power, and the beautiful material it was made of. She wondered why she was worthy of taking it. Lucina never understood why.
Chrom had taught her the sword when she was young. She didn't know much then, but later her knowledge grew, filling her mind with curiosity and wisdom.
"Why, father? How am I worthy?"
It didn't seem right to the princess. Her father died just to protect her- hell, his killing blow was sent by the hands of his own best friend. What would he do if Lucina wasn't there? Would he be alive?
"Lucina..."
She immediately scanned the room with her exalted eyes.
"Lucina, you don't need to be afraid."
The princess suddenly heard the divine voice, causing even the rustles of the wind to freeze.
Wordessly, an aura appeared in thin air, revealing a spirit of a woman. Her echoing and soothing voice matched her appearance- green hair, glowing eyes, and kind smile- Lucina had the inference of who she was.
Afraid, Lucina tried her voice.
"...Naga..."

Although Lucina knew that the divine dragon Naga was the guardian of humans, she never thought of what she would look like. The legends- the stories her father had told her when she was younger- were true. Naga looked more beautiful than she had thought. If this was a dream, could it be the goddess intruding her mind? Was this her imagination?
Lucina didn't speak farther. Her head was swimming- full of a million thoughts- and a so many questions were tangled in her throat.
"Fear not, young one." The voice beamed, "I mean no harm."
Lucina's eyes widened to what she saw. It was real.
"Is it... really you?"
"Yes, my child. Listen- mankind is put to danger." Naga spoke, keeping the warm grin on her face, "Lucina, exalted one, I've come here to help you."
"Me? But, Naga-"
"I've set up an escape to help you and your friends. Head to Ylisstol- as you already are- as quick as you can. Help the people-" The aura flickered for a moment- "they need someone- you- to fight. I'll guide you through the rest."
"N-naga, wait," She immediately ordered, "Ylisstol? Are they alright?"
The goddesses' eyes set to a welcoming expression. "You still have much to learn, child. I must leave now- my power is running out- I'll see you very soon."

Time then resumed to its proper spot. Naga set up an escape plan for her? Why her? Lucina never thought of anyone to help her. But before she could stop herself, Lucina found herself charging out of her position.
She ran over to Gerome, sleeping soundlessly under a tree.
"Get up!" She yelled, causing Gerome to groan and turn away from her, "GEROME!"
A screaming was heard immediately after Lucina thrust her fist foward, punching him.
"Gods, Lucina!" Gerome blurted, "what?"
"N-naga!" She said or stammered, enraged by the sudden gesture the divine dragon had done, "we have to get to Ylisstol!"
"Lucina, is this one of your nightmares again? I'm hoping so..." Severa mumbled, rubbing her eyes from being awakened.
"I-l err.." Suddenly slowing down, Lucina realized she woke up the whole group.
"Sorry, my friends. But," She hoped that they'd believe her, "Naga spoke to me."
They were struck by confusion.
"Naga, as in the goddess?" A young man named Inigo questioned.
"Yes, but I do not have the time to explain. We must get to Ylisstol, omit the last plans I had said."
"But, Lucina, that was official, was it not?" Gerome argued calmly.
"Not until now, it is not. Now, we must get going, please!"
Grumbles escaped their mouths as they stood up, ready to march.

-*-

(A/N) - *grumble grumble* Wattpad is getting confusing af. I work on two separate devices but now I should work on one. I don't even know why, but I can't add italics when I work on my phone!!!! JSKSLALSLDKDKSK
Wow, it auto-corrected my scream.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter ^-^

~enchantedfangirl // Kamui, Chrom, Lucina 💖