Chapter 6 - Fallen Halidom

"ʟᴜᴄɪɴᴀ? ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜɪs..."
The princess whipped her head foward, spotting Inigo- a young mercenary- standing at the edge of a hill. The bottom was glowing a raging orange, making Lucina wonder what was causing it.
"Gods..." Lucina muttered under her breath, walking towards Inigo with curiosity and suspicion. The hazy orange glow suddenly appeared to be flames- enormous, deathly flames- making their way to the palace.
They all stopped to stare at the scene before them, mouths dropped open in shock.
The fire...
The screams...
"Come on! We have to stop it!"
All of them broke into a run downhill. Smoke strained Lucina's vision as they sprinted closer, forcing orbs of tears in her eyes.
"Dammit... the town!" Gerome cursed, "Hurry! We don't have much time!"
They wouldn't make it. Lucina had already predicted it once they stopped. A wall of sparks and smoke had towered them, letting them know the embers had already reached the palace. Lucina could feel the death pulsing through her veins as the group stopped to catch their breath.
'No... not the people... this can't happen...'
Using no thinking at all Lucina charged through the heat.
"Lucina!" Gerome yelled, about to go after her.
"N-no... stay there!" Lucina commanded, running faster.
The stinging in her eyes only got worse as she went deeper into the town. Corpses lay lifeless on the ground, giving the princess memories of her dead father. Using her hand to her muffle coughs, Lucina forced herself to keep moving.
The view of the palace was getting closer now. Risens were encircling the building, causing Lucina to unsheathe Falchion. If she wanted to go into the building, she needed to fight.

Lucina's blade met another as she came face to face with a risen. Her senses made her step back- keeping both hands on the hilt of the blade- but then thrust the sword towards the risens' middle. It landed with an inhuman growl.
Sweat trickled down her forehead as she darted towards another. Falchion stormed through the chest of the beast immediately. The risen stopped moving for a second, but then burst to life again, running on all fours towards Lucina. Before the risen got time to raise an iron lance to her, she leapt up, performing a down slash.
More risens came and went, building up Lucina's exhaustion, but satisfyingly defeating the pack. Her gaze then turned onto the entrance of the castle.
Before she took off into the palace, a pain met her stomach. Glimpsing at her side, she realized purple mist seeping through her blue armour.
'Dark magic...'
A risen stood with a tome in hand, sparks flying around it as if he had just thrown the magic at Lucina. The spell rose up to her chest.
"Nngh... no..."
Lucina knew she couldn't stay like this- weak and helpless- or her life would end. As the pain grew stronger, Lucina shook her head in disapproval, making her way to the castle and passing by the last risen guarding the palace.

Horror worded the whole place- screams of death, innocent people dying, and outnumbered risen killing with axes, spears, and weapons Lucina couldn't even name. Within seconds, Lucina swore that almost half the soldiers had fallen.
The princess suddenly heard another scream, breaking her patience. Soon she was raged. Innocent Ylisseans dying was too much for her to bear. Wordessly, she charged towards the nearest risen, slicing it clean.
"I will not see another Ylissean life be taken!" She blurted, deflecting a sudden attack from the silver sword it was weilding. Metal rang through the air, blending with the screams muffled by claws of the enemies.
The soldiers were now rounded down to less than a dozen. All the villagers and maidens seemed to be dead, leaving weaponed but inexperienced guards to kill. Lucina then focused on saving the people and not killing the creatures.
Catching several figures being pinned to the ground, Lucina assaulted towards the nearest half-human zombie. It was not milliseconds before its' weapon pierced through a womans' gut, sparing her life by the tiniest percent.
"I believe the one you want..." She began, keeping Falchion buried in the risen, "Is me!"
The blade tore fiercely across it as Lucina attacked with a side slash.
"T-thank you..." The woman gasped, barely able to move. The quietness in her voice caused Lucina to not hear.
"We can't let these 'things' win..." She only replied, standing up on her knees, "Now grab a sword...
and fight!"

-*-

(A/N) - Chapter 6 is now complete! Yay ^-^ Did I take too long? Well, I just started this yesterday. I think this book is getting a lil cheesy... mhm... well, sorry if I made a few mistakes. I hope you all enjoy your day!
100 reads... thank you! 💖

-enchantedfangirl // кαмυι тнє ∂яαgσи ωαяяισя