Chapter Eleven

A/N

First, I want to apologize for having neglected this story for so long. I can't promise that I will ever continue it like I was going to, but I will definitely finish this story at some point. I assumed I was too good for this story to continue, and as you can probably tell, my writing has definitely changed from the prologue to this chapter. 

Second, I want to thank each person who read, commented, and voted for this story. It was the comments that really made me decide the continue with this story, and I appreciate them so much. 

Third, I don't know how long will be between each chapter, but it has taken me almost a year and a half to get to this chapter and I would like to finish the book either this summer or sometime before. 

Finally, I want to know what all of you think of me continuing the series. If you don't know, I'm a senior in high school right now, so I will be graduating in May. Despite college starting and all of that being a mess, I do think I will have more time to write than I did last summer. I have several ideas for a second and even a third book to this series, but I don't want to post them if none of you would be up for reading them.  Please let me know if you would like to read either of these, and also let me know how you think the story is going to go!

I love you all so much, and please keep commenting!

Em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eleven

Eveline and Peter were pulled from their match by the sound of a horn being blown.

"Is that...?" Peter said breathlessly.

"Oh Aslan help them," Eveline whispered before turning to Peter and grabbing his arm.

The horn sounded again and Eveline dragged Peter towards the woods. Susan's horn had permeated throughout the entire camp, and everyone was running in different ways. Running around people and jumping over smaller animals, Eveline and Peter hurdled through the camp, determined to get to help Susan before anything bad happened.

Reaching a small clearing, they saw three wolves snapping and jumping at a tree. In the tree were Lucy and Susan, who were both crying and trying to keep their heels from being bitten.

Peter charged forward, sword raised. He went straight for the Maugrim, which thoroughly impressed Eveline. It was nice to see how Peter would react in a real battle, despite the grim reasons behind it. An offensive stance proved that he would be willing to take the first action in battle, but also showed that he could be reckless.

Maugrim circled Peter slowly, snapping at his heels and talking about how the Queen had Edmund at her camp and that she would be coming for everything soon. He glanced at Eveline, not completely taking his eyes off of Peter.

"She said she had something very special in store for you, girl," Maugrim hissed.

Something in Peter's eyes hardened and as Maugrim turned, Peter slashed one of his flanks with his sword. Howling in pain, the large wolf turned toward the boy, eyes flashing red. Eveline watched as Maugrim lowered his hips before springing at Peter. In one fluid motion, Peter separated the large wolf's head completely from its body. Susan covered Lucy's eyes to spare her from watching the head tumble to the ground and roll into the dirt. The other two wolves took off running into the woods, and Aslan turned to Eveline.

"Follow them, they may lead you to the White Witch. Save the fourth Son of Adam!"

Eveline took off, closely followed by Oreius and a small group of others. She turned back to see a teary Susan and tiny Lucy holding on to Peter. She smiled before turning and running, wishing that she had a family like that.