Prologue

A/N

Gasp! What is this sorcery! A story? What?! 

Now now my dear fans, calm down. We should all pray that I finish this story. This is just a practice story to keep me writing.  But anywho, here is the prologue! (I apologize for the shortness, the next chapter will be longer.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

"Eveline," Aslan said, "the powers I have given you, they will be suitable for you. But you must be warned, now is the time to make a choice. Jadis is weak for now, but she is gaining power. If you wait, you may miss your chance."

        Eveline bit her lip. She knew if Jadis took over Narnia all would be lost. "Aslan, I the time is not right yet and Jadis has been tracking me. She almost found me when I was in the meadow today! Please, help me to stay hidden, my fellow Narnians need me, and I need them."

Aslan looked at her for a moment. "I will help you, child. Where I am sending you is a strange land far away from here. You will live in safety with my old friend Professor Digory Kirke in a place called England. You may take Adrian with you, and you will be able to use your powers. However, they must be kept a secret. Share your knowledge of them with only those who truly believe. The Professor is one of those people. You can tell him whatever you need. Now, farewell young one. I shall see you soon."

Eveline jumped onto the back of her horse Adrian, and he flapped his wings, taking off into the air. Aslan roared below them, and Eveline watched as the colors of the forest and sky around her and Adrian melted into colors of a study. A man was laying on the floor, clearly quite startled. His spectacles were askew, just barely hanging onto his face.