Chap. II - Crossing Destinies part. III

As usual, few meters ahead, Rob enters the 'Queen of Hearts'.

"Phew, one more minute and my last neuron would have been killed!"

"Good morning Rob, I thought you wouldn't pass this morning!" Tress greets him, taking some dirty cups off the counter.

"Good morning! Can I have my tea? I'm very late!" he replies, sitting down and noticing that there are already other customers in the bar.

"Sure. Have you heard about the last gossip running in the town?"

"Are you kidding me? I've just faced its main blabbermouth!"

"Aren't you worried about a mysterious creature that is sneaking in the town? Even if it's a nonsense, it could hide something that's true! More than one saw 'something'!"

"Nope! I believe it's only the usual gossip that has been widely spreaded by the time!"

"I'm not calm at all, anyway! I didn't sleep well last night, I feel so nervous!"

"The same with me..." he agrees. "Besides, this morning I met the master of gossip, Jack, in a very sparkling form!" he says, almost talking to himself.

A continuous, weird tinkling noise spreads around the bar. Rob turns and finds his friend standing in front of him, holding a plate where a cup full of hot tea rests on. The clinking comes from the cup, which is conspicuously shaking over the plate, as the girl is trembling with embarrassment.

 The clinking comes from the cup, which is conspicuously shaking over the plate, as the girl is trembling with embarrassment

"Ehm... Thanks, Tress" Rob delicately gets the cup away from her hands.

"Anyway, if you feel worried about something, don't hesitate to call me. Anytime. You'll see that there's nothing to worry about!"

"Uh? Thanks, Rob." she replies, as if she wakes up from a trance "It's good to know that I can call a brave man when I need help!"

"Oh well, then you better call Jack!" Rob giggles as he had said the best joke of the day, but he immediately regrets it.

A strong, brutal hand slaps Rob's back making him spill his tea over. "HAHAHAHA! DON'T MAKE A FOOL OUT OF ME!!" Tress shouts, laughing hysterically. "I could never call Jack! I'm too, too shy!"

"Another cup of tea, please." Rob murmurs, clutching the counter to stand up.

"Sure! Me calling Jack! What a silly idea!" she giggles to herself while preparing another cup of tea and not realizing at all what happened.