Chap. I - Be Careful What You Wish For part. V

That night, the four kitties gathered in the alley near the park to make a point of the situation. Brixi, from the top of a box, questions his friends. "Kittie Cats, what's the report of the day?"

"Well," Sebastian takes his stand. "We tried to figure out how Shangelina eats, but without results. We followed her movements but it seems that she doesn't feel hunger. She just sits all day long, as if she's waiting for something..."

"And this morning" Mimi continues "when I woke up, she was already up, I wonder if she even had slept..."

"What do you think, Michelle?" Brixi asks her, hoping for a clue.

"I believe that Shangelina has different habits than us, maybe we just have to teach her how we usually live!"

Brixi sighs in disappointment. "Alright then, but we must discover more soon or it'll be difficult for us to help her. Now let's go to sleep, we'll start the training tomorrow!"

All the cats go to their own beds, Michelle invites her new friend to join her in a cardboard box. "This is where I sleep, there's enough space for both of us!"

The cat stares at her with those big eyes implanted in an unusual big head. She has a bizarre appaerance: the body is completely covered by an aquamarine fur, while the legs are completely furless, being of a vivid pink color. She also has very long eyelashes, which give her a very enigmatic look.

"Were you accustomed to sleeping in the place where you came from?" she inquires, lying down.

Shangelina lays down as well, imitating Michelle.

"I knew it!" she triumphantly exclaims. "Sleep well and remember that we love you, whoever you are." she ends closing the eyes. The green cat does that as well and everything falls into silence.

 The green cat does that as  well and everything falls into silence

The night soon reaches its deepest hour. The air suddenly turns light and crickets stop singing from their safe spots among the grass of the park. Sneakily, something appears from behind the stranger cat, a little shadow rises up from her head, getting bigger, until it completely shows its menacing appearance: a cat's shadow, with sharp teeth and a pair of punched holes as eyes, just manifests as some kind of wicked genie of the lamp.

A scary laugh echos among the trees of the park, making some birds take off over a big moon up in the sky.