The hidden truth - Part II

In the deepest hour of the night, Michelle wakes up gasping. She looks around, but in the box there's only Brixi who is quietly sleeping. "Brixi, wake up! I've heard a strange noise coming from outside!" she whispers to his mate. The cats carefully peep out the box, getting scared. Then they realize that in the dark there are Mimi and Sebastian, looking at them with worried faces.

"It's just you!" Brixi exclaims taking a sigh of relief.

"We heard something strange coming from outside, and we came to tell you!" Sebastian explains whispering "We heard it, too!" Michelle confirms.

The cats carefully leave their shelter and reaches a little park - where the workers usually go to get some rest – that is right behind the harbor's warehouses.

A strange noise echoes among the quiet trees, like a ticking, but made disquieting by its bouncing among the trunks.

"This strange noise is coming from here." Michelle highlights, while everybody, cautiously, walk among the trees.

"It's getting closer" Sebastian notices.

"Watch out Kittie-Cats!" Brixi suggests.

They reach a big trunk and look up to the fronds, unbelieving their own eyes: the Shadow was relaxing over a branch, beating a little stick on the smaller branches, producing the weird ticking noise that woke up the cats. "Tag! You found me! Hi Sebastian!" he chuckles delighted.

"Oh my dog!!" the blue cat shouts in panic.

"Don't run away! Not yet!" The Shadow stops the cats who were ready to take to their heels

"Don't run away! Not yet!" The Shadow stops the cats who were ready to take to their heels. The four kitties look up terrified, but dazzled about the calm way the Shadow is talking to them.

"Where's Shangelina!" Michelle dares to ask.

"I dunno! The last time I saw her, she was with you!"

"You're lying! Tell us what do you want from her!"

"The real question should be: what do YOU want from her!" he emphasizes that single word.

"We... We just want to protect her... She's our friend..." Michelle starts to vacillate, and all of them start wondering why they still didn't run away from that situation.

The Shadow breaks the stick in two. "She's not!" He accompanied that answer with that gesture, and Michelle felt something inside her breaking, too.

"Let me tell you kitties, you have a very distorted conception of friendship!" He judges from the top of the tree "She's gonna betray you, and I just want to bring her away before she will put you all in troubles, I warn you!"

"Rubbish! You are just trying to discover where she is!" Brixi answers back.

"As I suspected... You're involved in this story more than I believed. It seems that you really trust her, or maybe she already told you things you shouldn't have known... But you're part of this game now, so..."