Crush and Blush

The Yule Ball was coming up in two weeks and everyone was excited (apart from the few who hated social activity - namely Snape much to Hyuk's distress). So many of the 3rd years and above were going into Hogsmeade to try and find the perfect dress or tux and hopefully snag someone to go with.
Wonshik watched with a concealed eye roll as Viktor paced his room in the Durmstrang ship.
"You're not gonna know if you don't ask her. I ain't doing it for you" Wonshik added when Viktor looked up at him expectantly. Krum scratched the back of his neck nervously and suddenly stood with determination.
"But will you come with me?" he asked. Wonshik rolled his eyes noticeably this time and reminded him,
"I kinda have to bro" to which Krum muttered a shaky 'of course'.
Two more people were having this issue. However, they did not have the luxury of expressing these issues as this pair were Fleur and Hakyeon. In the end, Fleur braved the conversation and started,
"Hakyeon, are you allowed to attend the ball?" to which Hakyeon answered the affirmative,
"As long as we can keep an eye on our charge then yes we can go. Why?" Fleur, suddenly brave, asked bluntly,
"Go to the ball with me?", turning Hakyeon's face a bright red like his hair. "I- I, I'd love to" he stammered. Fleur let out a breath and nodded, happy.

On the other end of the school, Harry and Leo bumped into Ginny in the library and she invited the pair to sit with her and a friend who was introduced as Luna Lovegood, a Ravenclaw. Harry stood and stared for a moment. Luna's hair was almost white and her blue eyes were icy yet still held a childish warmth. Leo murmured into his ear,
"Potter, you're staring" and Harry looked down, coughed then sat at the table, introducing himself and Leo (after the boy stayed silent, munching on what looked like liquorish).
"Charmed to meet you then. Did you see any nargles on the way here? I couldn't catch any today" she asked in her Irish lilt. Harry blinked and then answered honestly,
"I haven't sorry. What do they look like?" and Luna's face seemed to light up as she began to explain about a bunch of fantasy creatures that may or not exist. Leo looked over at Ginny who was smiling happily that her friend had found someone else to talk to.
Suddenly Wonshik sped around the corner and, after bumping into Leo, asked wildly,
"Have you seen Granger? Krum's looking for her and the guy's a big baby" he grinned, and Ginny blinked, looking at the guy's blue hair and wild grin.
"Oi!" Krum exclaimed from behind him. Wonshik looked over his shoulder, about argue, when Ginny spoke.
"She was by the potions section last time I saw her. Something about water". Wonshik threw her a grateful smile and elbowed Krum who also thanked her and set off to find her.
"See you in a bit hyung" he said to Leo who waved him off, once again munching on a sweet.
Hermione came into the Gryffindor common room that evening with a sappy smile on her face.
"Krum found her then" she muttered to Harry and Leo who both nodded.
"Ah! I said I'd meet Krum tomorrow but I got really flustered and asked if I could take a friend. Ginny, come with me?" the bushy haired girl asked her ginger friend, who laughed and agreed and the pair sorted out times, Ginny secretly looking forward to meeting the blue haired bodyguard again.
Leo turned to Harry,
"Are you going to ask anyone to the ball?" he asked him. Harry blinked and began to think and he soon had an idea,
"Maybe I could ask Luna? She seems cool. What do you think Ginny? You know her best" Ginny looked over at him and beamed.
"That's a great idea. Go for it!" she gave him the thumbs up and Harry grinned, starting to figure out when to ask the dreamer Ravenclaw. Leo smirked at the happy look on Harry's face and then wondered if this was what it was like for Hongbin, dealing with the lovey dovey couple of Cedric and Cho. Hongbin stood awkwardly in the corner of the study room and suddenly sneezed.