The Truth

I slammed the door shut behind me and turned to see Elijah standing up.

“Welcome back.” Elijah said.

“Tell me, what is his curse.” I said. I saw Elijah looked upset that I had mentioned it.

“My family was close, Klaus and my father did not get on to well. When we became vampires, we discovered the truth. Klaus was not my father’s son, my mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus is from a different blood line, so when my father discovered this he hunted them down and he killed my mother’s lover and his entire family. He didn’t realize that he was starting a war between two great species. It’s still the same today.” Elijah said.

“A war between the species. You mean Vampires and Werewolves.” I said. “So Klaus’s real father was from a werewolf bloodline.”

“He’s both. A hybrid.” Elijah said. “A hybrid would be stronger than any werewolf or vampire.”

“So the curse is on Klaus. He wants to be able to be a werewolf?” I asked.

“Yes he wants to trigger the part of him that’s a werewolf. If allowed Klaus would build his own race. Endangering not just vampires, everyone.” Elijah said.

“You helped him Elijah. You helped him.” I shouted.

“I helped him because I loved him. Just like you would help your family. But that has now changed. He must die.” Elijah said.

“The dagger. It won’t kill him will it.” I said.

“No. When a werewolf is attacked with silver, it heals. An original can only be killed by white oak ash on a silver dagger. So yes the dagger won’t work.” Elijah said.

“So what are you saying? That Klaus can’t be killed. I hate all this original stuff.” I said.

“There’s one way to kill any supernatural species.” Elijah said.

“Yeh yeh I know. I heard this from the first day I was turned.” I said.

“A witch like you already know Sky.” Elijah said. “The curse must be broken during the full moon. When Klaus is in transition, that’s when he is must vulnerable. A Witch with enough power can kill Klaus.”

“Well what if I told you that Elena knew a witch that could channel that much power.” I said.

“Then I would tell you that Klaus can be killed once and for all.” Elijah said. I sighed as I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands.

“Full moon is tomorrow brother, after all these centuries it is finally time.” Klaus said.

“I have been to see the witches. They believe they have found a way to spare the doppelganger.” Elijah said.

“What does it matter if she lives or not.”

“So she should die for your gain.” Elijah said.

“She is human, Elijah. Her life meas nothing.” Klaus said.

“I beg of you to consider this.” Elijah said.

“Are you so foolish as to care for her.” Klaus said as he appeared in front of Elijah.

“Of course not.” Elijah replied

“Love is a vampires greatest weakness. We are not weak, Elijah. We do not feel and we do not care.”

“We did once.” Elijah said as he walked over to the window and looked outside.

“To many life times ago, to matter. Tell the witches not to bother. It will happen as planned.” Klaus said.

“You found a way to save the life of the doppelganger.” Rose said as she walked into the room.

“What the hell are you doing here Rose? I thought I told you to leave me alone with Elijah.” I shouted.

“You really think I would leave my sister alone with an Original. Seriously Sky what is wrong with you.” Rose said as she grabbed ahold of my neck and pinned me to the wall.

“Don’t think you are stronger than me Rose. I was turned 3 years before any of you were. I’m stronger and always will be.” I said as I pushed her of me. “Didn’t see that coming now did you.” I snapped then sat back down on the couch.

“I did find a way to save the doppelganger. Unfortunately Katerina took matters into her own hands first. I believe you know how that turned out.” Elijah said as he looked at me ignoring Rose as if she wasn’t even in the room.

“You cared about her didn’t you.” I replied.

“It’s a common mistake, I’m told.” Elijah said as he looked down at the ground.

“Well at least I agree with you on that one.” Rose said as she sat down next to me.

“It’s one I won’t make again.” Elijah said as he glared at Rose.

“Tonight is the full moon. We need to presume that tonight Klaus is to break the curse.” Elijah said.

“Sky told Elena that the sun and the moon curse is fake. It’s actually just a curse on Klaus.” Stefan said.

“Klaus is a vampire born from a werewolf bloodline. If he breaks the curse he will be a true hybrid.” Elijah said.

“Then why are we letting him break the curse.” Damon said as he walked into the room.