Part Six

Tyler rubbed his eyes lazily as he straightened up his back. He looked around and saw sunlight beaming through the small window of his room, it must have been day. Tyler shot a look up at his clock, 7:19. He sat up, prying himself gently from Josh's grip, who's arm he'd fallen asleep in, and jumped up to his feet. He looked back down and noticed the other boy, the Canadian exchange student was lying asleep on the floor; most likely uncomfortable against the cold, hardwood floor; just to ensure he was okay, for Tyler's safety. Tyler might not remember but one thing he was certain of, there's something deeper here and he's missing out on it.

Shaking his head, Tyler removed his hat and shirt, changing into a white button up, short sleeve blouse with faint beige vertical lines. Book still in his hands, he left his room and passed through the living room couch where Josh had spent most of his nights, and turned to the first door on his right, pass the stairs. He flicked on the light of the bathroom and pushed the door close, but not shut, just an inch of space remaining.

Tyler looked in the mirror and removed the red contact lenses, followed by washing off his hands and neck. He took a deep breath and looked in the mirror. His hands gripped the gray notebook once again and he flipped open the pages. He read, from cover to cover, he read the words over and over again, engraving each one of them into his mind. The words echoed within his head, loud and without control. Tyler's hands were shaking, his head spinning, he felt another migraine drilling into his mind.

The book fell to the ground and he gripped each side of the sink to balance himself. Sweat beamed on his forehead, his vision blurry and shaky, he gasped for air as he buckled to the ground once more. The razor fell beside him, and the thud caught his attention rather quickly. It took his mind a minute to process his actions, but by the time he had control of his skin, the razor was buzzing by his ears and hair was falling down above his eyes, terror overwhelming him.

Josh extended his arms to wrap Tyler closer to him as he shifted side on the floor but froze at his absence. Josh raised up rather quickly as he looked around in a panic. Without any sign of him, he threw on a random t-shirt, probably one of Tyler's, and headed out the room. The buzzing sound from the end of the hall caught his attention and he headed straight for it, passing the couch, he poked his head through the bathroom door, seeing something he only wish could be unseen.

Josh leaped through the door and Tyler's head shot up, the razor falling out of his hands and hitting the stoned flooring, the vibrations making it dance around. Tyler's eyes met Josh's and he simply gasped at the surprising movement of arms around his chest. He quickly hugged back, letting the older Canadian boy comfort him.

"I-"

"Shh. You don't need to explain yourself to me."

Tyler held his breath and sighed in relief, Josh already understood the confusion drifting within Tyler's head. Both boys didn't move, they just sat in silence. Josh pulled him closer towards him, unplugging the razor from the wall and he patted Tyler's back who was lost in thought, eyes closed. After a while, Josh noticed small snores coming from Tyler's parted lips and he chuckled quietly as he picked him up and carried him back to his bed. The sun still was shining but Josh put down the blinds, allowing them both to get a few more hours of sleep. Josh pulled up a blanket to his neck and ran a hand over Tyler's freshly cut hair: it was quite even and not a dramatic change, nothing to worry about. Josh thought it even looked cute on him.

After a long stare of both passion and lust, he shook his hair and laid beside him, wrapping his arm around Tyler's thin form and pulled him closer to him. As he was closing his heavy lids, he felt Tyler's body move, only to see him burying his head in his chest. He smiled at the warmth of his breath and was taken by sleep.