Part Eight

Tyler felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, tilting his head in slight confusion. He didn't understand why Josh would call him, he hadn't tried to reach him, not even with a text since Tyler kicked him out a few days ago. Tyler shook it off and answered the call anyway, curiosity taking over him.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Tyler." The voice that came from the other line was not Josh's, it was deeper and darker. Worried, Tyler sat down at the edge of the stage, panting slightly.

"Josh? Who is this?"

Thomas looked over at Josh who was shaking his head, rage in his eyes and smiled. "Josh, huh?" He grinned at the new information and gave Tyler the address of the motel. "You've got an hour or Josh dies."

"How do I know he's even there?" Tyler wasn't confident, he was terrified but he had to remain strong and as if he weren't just a scared little boy on the inside.

Thomas rolled his eyes and pulled the gag out from Josh's mouth, "Speak." He demanded.

"Tyler, listen, buddy, I'm fine, don't worry about me, okay?" One of the bodybuilders clenched his fist and threw across Josh's face, the poor boy incapable of containing a groan followed by a small cry.

"Hear that? Don't try to be a hero." Thomas spat back at Josh and put the rag back in his bloody mouth before he spun around to end his call. "One hour."

As Tyler was about to protest, the line was hung. He stood there for a moment before a voice snapped him back to reality.

"What are you waiting for? Go!" Blurryface yelled and Tyler didn't bother questioning his other self as he typed the address in the GPS on his phone.

"NO!" He yelled out when he saw the distance, "An hour and a half away from here?! What am I suppose to do?"

Blurryface looked at him with a grin and Tyler sighed. He knew this couldn't be good. "Steal a car, then speed down the highway, duh. It's like you've never seen a damn movie."

"That's illeg-"

"Illegal, yes I know, but unless you wanna see Josh dead in an hour, I suggest you get moving."

Tyler wasn't left with many options but letting Josh die surely wasn't one of them. Without a second to waste he hurried down to the nearest parking lot, mostly empty and no security cameras. His eyes locked on a plain rusty red, vintage looking car as if it were from the late 70s or early 80s. Tyler ran towards it. It didn't have one of those fancy new alarm systems so the breaking in part was easy, the hot-wiring not so much.

It took Tyler a few shocks before the engine finally ignited and he could pull away speeding on the road. He was going 120 in 100 km/h zone, Blurryface encouraging him from the passenger seat along the way. The road was pretty quiet, that was until Blurryface began talking again, throwing words around like a boxer throws punches.

"Haven't you ever wondered about Josh, where he comes from or his family?"

Tyler didn't bother looking at him, his eyes remained focused on the road and he continued to drive. "I know he's from Canada."

"Right.."

"What could you possibly be talking about now?"

"Nothing.."

Tyler was too worried and stressed out to bother arguing with his own mind. He accelerated down the road, turning on the radio to cancel out the annoying voice. For the next little while, the random melodies filled the thick air and it was nice and quiet from Blurryface as if he weren't even there which was everything he needed right now. The next song was quite catchy and Tyler caught himself even singing along, thought he didn't remember this song, the lyrics seemed to have stuck to him.