Part Fifteen

Tyler rocked himself back and forth, he had pushed himself towards the corner of the small room. He cried dry tears at the thought of Josh being dead. He didn't know where they were, he simply assumed the city or something, but wolves? These bastards had dragged us to the damn woods.

Thomas opened up the door at what felt like hours later and pulled up a chair as he sat in the middle of the room, a few feet from Tyler. He turned the small light on, the bulb flickering for several minutes before being lit to the fullest of its abilities which still was pretty dim. Thomas closed the door and it was just the two of them sitting in pure silence.

"Do you know who I am, Tyler?"

Tyler didn't really move, a small movement of his head indicating a "no" was all he could manage.

"Do you know why I've been hunting you down?"

The same movement, no.

"Do you remember high school, Tyler? More importantly, do you remember your girlfriend, Jenna?"

Tyler's head shot up and he tilted it in confusion. "What about her?"

"All throughout elementary school, I had the biggest crush on her. When it came to middle school, I got closer to her and I fell in love with her. Turns out we were going to the same high school in the fall. Our parents were close and we'd been friends since childhood and in the summer before high school, we got closer. But then, you came along. You stole her away from me Tyler Joseph, the only girl I ever loved, you took her away. After she met you, we got more and more distant and the years passed by and we graduated. She moved away without even saying goodbye."

Tyler looked at Thomas and he nearly choked, holding back a laugh.

"That's why you've been trying to kill me and Josh?" That's why you've been trying to kill me and Josh? You've tortured us constantly, kidnapped us and now because of you, Josh is probably lying dead somewhere. You're insane, you're a damn psychopath."

Thomas twitched his head to the side and grimaced. "I think you're forgetting that I'm the one in control here, Tyler."

He got up, kneeled down in front of Tyler and didn't hesitate to throw his fist directly in Tyler's face, his cheek turning red. Tomorrow it'd be bruised for sure. Tyler hissed at the punch but remained calmed, Thomas was right. He was in control and clearly not mentally stable and extremely violent: a psychopath. So Tyler had to be very vigilant from now on, Thomas couldn't actually kill him for this, could he?

***

Josh shivered as the wind hit his bare arms. He'd been walking for a few hours with nothing in sight but a farm with nobody home. He was alone and he was scared. He couldn't possibly leave Tyler behind. Not in the hands of that psychopath. Josh stopped himself and caught his breath, feeling his airway closed momentarily at the thought of what those men could be doing to Tyler. He had to go back, he had to.

Every bone in his body ached and every muscle cried out in pain but Josh still somehow manage to run. He was running back to danger, not even caring about himself right now. He stopped midway when he spotted a barbwire fence. He approached it for the second time, on his way he used it to cut off the cable ties, now he ripped off a piece of it for protection...He didn't want to have to use it but he had to sure. Better safe than sorry.

Always keep fighting, he thought. His grandmother taught him to never stop moving forward, she'd be proud of him right now, he was sure she was smiling from up above.

Josh got closer and closer to the house, the surroundings becoming more and more familiar. The bushes were rustling, more than they should be, more than the wind could allow them. Josh slowed down before coming to halt in front of the moving bush. A growl sounded from the bush and he swallowed hard, shaking a little at what the hell that possibly could be. Two eyes made their appearance in the dark before a head of fur attached to a body came out, teeth growling at him. The wolf approached him gently and stopped a few feet away.