Part Ten

It had been weeks since the two boys spend their days locked in that hospital room. Josh was slipping in and out of sleep occasionally eating some real food whereas Tyler was being monitored 24/7, the doctors still trying to diagnose him.

"Have you been experiencing anything out of the ordinary lately, anything weird?"

Tyler hesitated, he wasn't too sure what ordinary even was anymore. He'd been talking with the doctor for the last hour and the constant taunts from Blurryface who stood right behind him was enough to drive him insane.

"I don't think so.."

The doctor nodded and left the room, leaving Tyler to rest. He sighed and looked up ahead, meeting eyes with Blurryface who sat at the end of the bed.

"Aww, not gonna tell him about our little relationship? I'm hurt, really."

Tyler ignored him, which only made Blurryface open his bloody mouth once again.

"Ahhh, I see. The secret relationship, we're sneaking around. What? Afraid Josh will find out? Leave you all alone? Even if he did, could you really blame him, I mean look at yourself, you're a mess."

"WOULD YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!?"

Tyler lost it, he jerked his head up and yelled, not even considering the sleeping Josh beside him. The red headed boy opened his eyes in a panic when he heard screams worry already shooting through his body. He looked around, confused when he saw Tyler just sitting cross-legged on his bed in silence.

"Tyler?"

The boy looked up and realized what he'd done, embarrassment washing over him in a matter of seconds.

"Josh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay, don't worry about it, but what happened?"

"Nothing, seriously. Go back to sleep."

Josh sighed, he knew Tyler was lying. He heard him scream at someone to shut up, but there was no one here. He could only think of the worst, never in his life could he admit such horror out loud, though. He simply looked at Tyler, a look of sympathy on his face.

"Ty, who were you talking to?"

"No one, there's no one here, Josh. Just go back to sleep okay?"

Tyler laid down and faced away from Josh, staring out the window to see the sunlight and fresh breeze he was being deprived of. Josh just sighed, he knew this was all too good to be true. Tyler was right back to the Tyler he had been after the accident, not that that changed much for Josh, but he was slightly disappointed. He was treating him as nothing more than a roommate, even that was a bit exaggerated. Sometimes he felt as if he wasn't anything more than a stranger to him, which is what really ate him up at night. He felt as if Tyler was losing a piece of himself every breath he respired.

Josh waited till Tyler was asleep before speaking with the doctor. His worst nightmare was becoming a reality: Blurryface was back and haunting the poor boy once again. Although he inspired many of their songs, hell an entire album, that's what helped him most; the music it created was it's only real purpose. Now, Tyler didn't even remember how to play the piano, how was he suppose to take him down?

The conversation was a little rough, Josh found it painful to admit what he wished most to not be a reality. With the new information, though, it led them to a diagnosis that Josh always feared: schizophrenia. As soon as they put the pieces of the puzzle together, the picture was finally cleared and the medicine prevented another heart attack. It took a week before the two boys were liberated from their beds.

"Let's go for a walk!"

Josh looked at Tyler who was smiling and excited, barely able to stand still. Josh would be lying if he didn't admit that the meds helped him, he was probably the farthest thing from the Tyler Josh knew but at least he was happy; at least he was healthy.

"Why not, eh?"

"Embracing your Canadian side, I see?"

Josh's face flushed, he'd forgotten for a moment that to Tyler, he was nothing more than a Canadian exchange student. He shook it off, smiling as he got up and joined Tyler at the door. The two of them were both wearing nothing more than the typical baby blue gown and their own boxers: black as always.

Tyler led the way and the two stopped by a large window at the end of a hall. They sat on the ledge and Tyler leaned his head against the cool glass, shivering at the sensation. He took a deep breath and his eyes flashed over to Josh, staring at him with a smile.

"You okay?" Josh asked, smiling back at Tyler.

"I am, in fact, I've never felt better."

"Oh really? Why's that?"

"I finally have peace, from Blurryface that is and everything since the accident has returned to normal."

Josh tried hard to hide his pain and disappointment at the words, so he faked a smile. Tyler was happy and that's all that mattered right now. He had to focus on Tyler's well-being, even if it was eating him up inside. He could feel a voice inside of him, screaming to Tyler: It's me, Ty! Your best friend for years, now, wake up, remember just please, do something!

But Josh remained quiet and calm on the outside, he simply listened to Tyler.

"You know, life's not out to get you. It's hard sometimes, to find purpose in what you're doing because as a kid or a teen or even young adults, we don't have the power to change the world, but that's when we need to fight it most. Because we need to keep going, we're worth it, life's worth it."

The words hit Josh harder than he'd ever expect. Tyler was sitting there, sun shining on his colorful face which was lifeless just weeks ago. Tyler was alive, he stayed alive and that's when Josh realized he was too. He wasn't just breathing, no he was living. He smiled at the sudden realization and got up.

"What do you say we get out of here?"

"And go where?" Tyler asked as he snapped his head back towards Josh.

"You've never been to Canada, have you?"

Josh smirked and Tyler's eyes lit up with that familiar light he'd been searching for, craving even. He pulled him up and dragged him back to their room where they packed up and checked out.

"I can't believe I'll finally go meet your parents!" Tyler shouted a little too loud, enough for the nurses to hear as they left the hospital. Josh simply ignored the comment and kept on walking in silence.

"I'm gonna go and pick you up tomorrow morning at 10, alright?"

"Sounds good."

Tyler and Josh both took different cabs, Josh heading back to their apartment where his car was parked a few streets away by the bar. Tyler went home, he was so excited he didn't get much sleep that night, he jumped up and down as he packed his bags. He was so ready for this road trip with Josh, he really was starting to feel something for this boy. Feelings far greater than just some host brother.

***

Thomas walked in the hospital, head held high. Any sane person would have gone to a hospital after losing both kidneys. It had taken him quite the time before his men finally found the address of the hospital the boys stayed at.

When he walked in, he informed himself straight away at the receptionist; he didn't have time to waste.

"They just left, I'm sorry."

"You see, I'm their uncle and I flew all the from Florida to see them. Do you think you could give me their address?"

"I'm sorry, but that's confidential information. I did, however, hear them say they were going to see Josh's parents. If that's any help."

Thomas smiled, "It is, thank you."

He went back outside, hopping in the back of a black SUV with tinted windows. Gabriel turned back and Thomas smiled, "Take me to see Mr. and Mrs. Dun."

Gabriel drove off and Thomas filled a handgun with bullets, a large grin painting his face.