|| Chapter 1 ||

Most of this book will be following the movie just because I found it easier to develop the story with that although I am rereading the book and incorporating small parts into this. Hope you guys enjoy! Glad to be back :) xxx- Emma <3

Feedback in comments and votes are greatly appreciated ;)

*There will be some dramatic parts in the story but doesn't every story have dramatic parts? Well either way I guess I hopped on the train.* :)))))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This world will never be
What I expected
And if I don't belong
Who would have guessed it"

I was being shaken violently as I slowly awoke. I heard the deafening sound of loud metal screeching like teeth grinding or nails on a chalkboard and clanks of all sorts. It made me want to cover my ears or stuff them with something to drone out the sound.

"WAKE UP COME ON, WAKE THE HELL UP!" I opened my eyes suddenly with a quick gasp. This boy stumbled back before looking at me. I saw we were in some type of cage rising quickly up. I slowly sat up coughing and sputtering. It felt like I couldn't breathe like there was water in my lungs like I was breathing from a small tube.

I tried so hard to think of something, but everything seemed like a blank slate. The only thing I could see was a word and the face of the boy who was with me. The word I saw was HOPE. I didn't know what it meant. Suddenly I had this thought or voice in my head: 'He's your brother, he's your twin, you must stay together or this all will fail'

What did that mean? What did any of this mean? The more I tried to think of something else, all I could see was him. All I could think of was everything that apparently had happened between him and I. It started to make sense the relationship between Him and me, the more I thought of it, the more sense it made. I started to feel comforted by him, instead of being scared of a stranger.

He was my brother...he was my twin...we had been together our whole lives.

"Where the hell are we?" I choked out.

"I don't know...I don't know. I-I can't remember anything...you?" The cage we were in lurched side to side slowly and up and down shaking. It only made the nauseous feeling in my stomach worsened. There was a stale smell of oil and other foul smells that only made it worse. My head hurt from all the thinking and I felt exhausted just by sitting there.

"Me neither...besides you and me." He got closer and hugged me tightly, almost as if he were afraid what would happen if he let go of me. What happened to our parents? What was our last name? Middle name? Our actual name? Did we have friends and a family? Where did we come from? Where did we live? What was our life like? So many questions about who I was and who He was ran through my head... Nothing leading to an answer. I could only see pictures in my head but nothing about people or recall anything I wanted to know.

I bent over in one of the corners finally giving in to my nausea. I coughed and sputtered until I felt I was done. I pushed myself back with my hands leaning against an open spot against one of the walls. I groaned as I had all sorts of uneasy feelings.

"Whatever this is, and wherever it's taking us... We are in this together until one of us dies alright? Stay by each other's sides."

"Agreed," I groaned. Time seemed to go so slowly, it seemed like minutes, possibly hours but could also only have been seconds... We had no measurement of time. My brother let go and stood up screaming for help and banging on the wall of the large cage. I closed my eyes for a bit trying to calm my body. My brother kept shaking me here and there making sure I wasn't dead.