|| Chapter 16 ||

❤️️️*Dont forget to ⭐️VOTE⭐️and COMMENT 😊😊*❤️
✴✴️️Sorry it might be a little long 😁✴️✴️

"The words we live by and die by
You know, the way we survive this life out here
It's no other way
The only way
Is to be loyal till the end"

After Thomas went off to meet the others at the Map Room, I had gone to get Chuck and tell him about the plan. He went along with it and went to go meetup with the others to help cover along with me. I had stayed outside, wandering the outskirts of the Glade until the group came to the edge of the trees from the Map-Room trail. Chuck stood next to Thomas.

"Are you guys sure you wanna do this?" I asked. Thomas nodded.

"I'm not about to stand around here any longer just waiting for death to come for us." I nodded.

I turned around making sure that Gally wasn't watching. I gave them the all clear signal and they jogged off to the Maze doors, trying to stay low within the grass as they ran.

I made sure Gally still wasn't in sight when I made my way back to the Med-jack hut. Newt turned around at the sound of the door opening. He had a look of relief on his face. He came over, meeting me at my spot by the door, wrapping me in a hug.

"I thought you were going to go with him," He mumbled.

"Newt, I said that I was only going to talk with him. And thats what I did."

"It took you long enough to talk. I came out a couple times and didn't see you anywhere. So what's he doing then? What's his plan?"

"He's going back into the Maze, with some others. I don't know exactly who he's taking. But, he has a plan. The root of it being to find a way out of here. He believes we can do it. So I believe in him too." He let go, sitting down on an empty cot.

As much as I knew Newt was probably on our side, not just because he was my boyfriend but also Thomas' friend. I still didn't want to tell him that they took all the Keepers besides him and Gally along with them. He probably would've called something off.

"I'm not saying I don't agree, I'm just not sure if this is the right way," Newt spoke softly.

"Newt, what other way is there? The only way to find out how to get out of the Maze is to go through the Maze and find a way. So that's what he's doing."

"If your brother wants to get in trouble again, that's fine with me. But maybe we just have to slow down and think about things before we make a move-"

"Newt, what the hell has changed in the last 30 minutes? You weren't like this earlier. I thought we actually had a nice conversation and we're starting to understand each other better," I said shaking my head at him. He sighed.

"Charlotte, that's not what I mean...It's just that if we don't think about our moves, if we just go at it, something really bad is going to happen."

"Let me guess, your worried for my safety." I guessed, cutting him off again. "Newt, I can handle myself. You know that."

"I do. You are strong, but this wouldn't just hurt you, or me. It would hurt or endanger every person in this place. I'm trying to think like a leader. You told me to do so, and that's what I'm doing. I'm putting the safety of others first."