|| Chapter 19 ||

"You are surrounding all my surroundings,
Sounding down the mountain range of my left-side brain,
You are surrounding all my surroundings,
Twisting the kaleidoscope behind both of my eyes.

And I'll be holding on to you"

As we walked, I looked at Newt facial expressions. He looked worried and bothered by something. His eyes were open a little wider, and staring into a daze.

"Hey," I said grabbing his hand. "It's going to be okay. I mean if he's awake he's fine."

"I'm just not sure what to expect from anyone or anything anymore." He said, barely breaking his stare.

Thomas, Gally, Newt, Teresa, Minho and I walked into the med-Jack hut. I let go of Newt's hand as he slowly and carefully went around the table to sit next to Alby.

"Careful." He looked at me and nodded. His gaze softened, and his mouth hung slightly open as he slowly moved his head back towards Alby.

"Alby." He said as he sat down. "Alby, you all right?" Newt looked at Alby's face and Alby just stared forward, near what Newt was doing before. Thomas then stepped forward leaning down in front of Alby.

"Thomas, what happened last time you did that?" I advised, giving him a warning. He looked at me, not replying with a nod or anything before turning back to Alby. I sighed, my stomach feeling a little sick from the moment.

"Hey, Alby. We might've just found a way out of the Maze. You hear me? We could be getting out of here." Alby shook his head.

"We can't. Can't leave," he stuttered. "They won't let us."

"What are you talking about?"

"I remember." Newt and I exchanged glances before he turned back to Thomas and Alby. I stepped forward a bit resting my right hand on Newt's left shoulder. He reached across putting his right hand on top of mine.

"What do you remember?" Alby turned to look at Thomas and then me.

"You two." Newt looked up at me again and I just rubbed my thumb against his shoulder. "You're always their favorite. Both of you... Always." We heard shouts and calls coming from outside and we all turned to the doorway. "Why did you guys do this? Why did you come here?" He asked a little louder.

Tears started coming to my eyes, Thomas stood up as Alby buried his face in his hands. I think everyone wanted to know just as much as anyone else why we were here.

"I don't know Alby, we don't, I wish we did," I sympathized, my voice breaking. Newt stood up finally and placed his hand on my back leading me out. We walked out to see Gladers running around with torches.

"Hey, what is going on?" Thomas asked Winston.

"It's the doors...they aren't closing," he replied, before running off. There was a group running toward the open corridor of the Maze, followed by others. Newt grabbed my hand as we started running toward the doors.

"Whatever happens, I'm not going to lose you. You understand?" Newt stressed. We stopped for a second, and he looked at my face and wiped the tears that had fallen. "Hey, forget whatever Alby said. You aren't bad, I know it. Okay? And I'm not gonna lose you, you're not gonna lose me. Alright? I love you. Forever and always, yeah?" He leaned down giving me a peck on the lips. With that, he grabbed my hand again as we went to join to the others by the door.

"Forever and always. I love you too." I noticed his running a bit choppy as his limp started to become more noticeable. I slowed my pace a tiny trying to keep a slow and steady pace for him.