|| Chapter 18 ||

❤️😊❤️I would really appreciate if you guys would read the authors note at the end! It has information about what's next and future books!!❤️😊❤️

"It's a game called circle
and I don't know how,
I'm way too up to back down
But I think I'm still trying to figure this ... out
Thought I had it mapped out but I guess I didn't,
this ... black cloud
Still follows me around
but it's time to exorcise these demons"

Newt and I entered the tent seeing Jeff talking to Thomas and Teresa. Thomas turned around facing Newt and I.

"Is he sleeping?" I asked, my voice lowered to a hush thinking that if I spoke normally it would startle someone.

"Not sure. He keeps waking up and going back to sleep. He keeps asking for these three Shucks though," Jeff noted, pointing to Thomas, Teresa and I.

"What for?" Newt asked for my sake. Jeff shrugged.

"Don't know. Just keeps saying their names." Newt looked at me questioningly before Thomas spoke out.

"Uh, Newt, we have these," Thomas spoke, getting Newt's attention.

Thomas tapped the syringes on his palm before and handing them over to Newt. Newt looked them over a bit running his thumb over the letters printed on them.

"We don't know what this stuff is, or who sent it, why it came up here with you, I mean for all we know that this thing could kill him," Newt speculated with authority in his voice.

"He's already dying...Look at him." Newt slowly looked at Alby in despair, sadness clouding his face. I knew he was just In denial of losing Alby. He didn't want to be in charge of the Glade.  "How could this possibly make it any worse Newt? come on it's worth a try."

"Newt I hate to go against you but again speaking as a Glader and not your girlfriend I agree with Thomas, It's worth a try. Alby couldn't possibly get any worse, You might not want to hear this but if it does kill him I'd rather him die in here and the baggers take him than us having to banish him. I know you wouldn't want to do that, It would break you Newt, I know it would."

"Alright...do it." He sighed handing the syringe to Thomas. Thomas took it going around Newt.

"Thomas be careful," I advised. He looked back at me giving me a weak smile and nod. He then slowly leaned over Alby as he was gasping and panting. Thomas looked at us as Alby looked up and suddenly grabbed Thomas.

"You shouldn't be here!" Newt grabbed Thomas trying to pry him from Alby's grip I grabbed a hold of Thomas' right arm. "What did you do to me?!" Alby shouted out.

He kept pulling and tugging at Thomas as we struggled to free him from Alby's grasp. Jeff was trying to hold his other arm down but Alby was strong. Teresa finally stabbed the syringe into his chest and Thomas stumbled back freed from his grasp.

"Well, that worked," Jeff stated sarcastically.

"Okay, from now on someone stays here and watches him around the clock," Newt decided. Gally then came in saying 'Hey' and retrieving Thomas for his punishment. As Thomas left, Newt brought me into his side wrapping his arms around me kissing my temple.

"It'll be okay Newt..."

"I hope so." We stood there for a couple seconds before I spoke, freeing myself from Newt's hold.

"Would it be okay, if Teresa and I talked with Alby for a couple minutes?" I asked looking at him and Jeff.

"I don't want to leave you here with what just happened between him and Thomas," Newt protested.