|| Chapter 21 ||

"It's who we are
Doesn't matter if we've gone too far
Doesn't matter if it's all okay
Doesn't matter if it's not our day"

As we ran more into the Maze, Newt began almost hopping as he ran, because of his limp. We had let go of eachother hands a while back and we ran with our machetes and other weapons.

"Newt come on, you can do it. I'm right here, I'll be by your side the whole time okay?  We're getting through this and out of here together," I told him as we continued to run.

"Keep it up guys were almost there." Thomas called from the front.

We eventually made it to the section seven corridor where we pressed ourselves against a wall. Newt leaned against me for a couple seconds before walking up beside Thomas and Minho.

"Stay behind me," He said. Minho gave Chuck the Griever baton and they spoke.

"It's okay Chuck, stay with me and Char," Teresa said. I moved to go by Teresa but Newt caught my arm pulling me back. He leaned down giving me another quick peck.

"I love you Charlotte," He said. I smiled at him.

"Forever and always." I replied, with a small smile. He let go and I went to stand next to Teresa.

"Once were through, it'll activate and the door will open, alright we stay close, we stick together, we get through this. We get out now. Or we die trying... Ready?" Thomas said to the group, pounding his stick against the ground. Everyone got their weapons ready and Thomas shouted. "Let's go!!!" We ran into the corridor, I ran next to Teresa and Chuck near the middle. They charged at the Griever and hoped for the best. They ran at it and Teresa and I stood to the side. A leg came at me and I whacked it but I hit me sending me to the ground.

"Charlotte!" Newt shouted. Teresa hit it and then pulled me up.

"I'm fine! I'm alright!" The baton flew up in the air and Chuck ran after it.

"Chuck! Careful the edge!" Teresa called. Chuck nearly went over the edge and Teresa and I went over to pull him up just as two Grievers climbed up the wall.

"Thomas!!" We shouted as we ran to the door. We reached the door and the baton blinked green opening the door.

"It worked!" Chuck said.

"Teresa, Charlottle go!" Thomas shouted as they continued to push at the Grievers. We reached the back and it was a wall we pulled and tapped the wall.

"There's gotta be a way out!" Teresa said.

"It won't open!" Chuck said just as a red circle popped up with numbers. Teresa ran forward a bit back towards them,

"Thomas we need a code! Eight numbers!" He shouted to Minho for the sequence.

Minho started shouting the numbers and I quickly punched the numbers on the key pad. The Grievers closed in just as I typed the last couple. The circle disappeared and the doors started shutting. The survivors made it in the hole with us just as the last door closed.

We were encased in darkness until a door opened behind us. Teresa and I stepped forward to open it. We stepped out into a hall with many pipes along the ceiling and wall. We stood there for a minute, looking around and wondering what to do next.

There were echoing clanks as lights began turning on down the hallway. We slowly walked down the hallway, following the path of lights. We eventually came upon another door that had a exit sign above it.

"Seriously?" Frypan deadpanned

"We came all this way for an exit sign? How cliche," I said plainly.