|| Chapter 14 ||

❤️️*Dont forget to ⭐️VOTE⭐️and COMMENT 😊😊*❤️

"Below my soul
I feel an engine
Collapsing as it sees the pain
If I could only shut it out
I've come too far
To see the end now
Even if my way is wrong
I keep pushing on and on and on and on"

In the early morning Chuck, Zart, Newt, I and some other Gladers went to rest by the doors waiting until it became sunrise and they opened. Chuck had woken me up just before sunrise and we watched the doors intently. The doors finally started to creak open and Chuck called for them to get up. We created a small circle around the wall as more Gladers came to see.

My heart rate rose with every inch that was opened by the doors. The doors fully opened and there was no sign of them. It felt like my heart had dropped into my stomach. Newt was right as much as I didn't want to admit it. I should've known better, I let my mind get the best of me. I should've known they wouldn't come out alive.

"I told you guys...they're not coming back," Newt mumbled. He looked at me with sorrow and I looked at the ground before looking out into the Maze again. The others started to walk away when I looked back into the Maze seeing a glimpse of Thomas. I blinked my eyes a couple times seeing if it was really him or just a hallucination.

"No way..." I heard Zart.

"Yeah!!" I heard Chuck shout. "Yes!!"

They dragged Alby out of the Maze and Clint and Jeff came running over grabbing Alby from them. I hugged Thomas tightly, not caring he was sweaty and dirty because most of us were. He hugged me back, I let go and we kneeled in a circle around Alby. "You see a Griever?" Chuck asked him.

"Yeah, I saw one," Thomas responded.

"He didn't just see it...he killed it," Minho added on. We all looked at Thomas in astonishment and disbelief.

It was mid-morning and I was in the Med-jack hut helping Jeff with Alby, we had to restrain him down because of the Changing after he had woken up. Seeing Alby made me think of when Ben had gone through the Changing. I really hated seeing people like this, I hoped that nobody else turned out like this, or hurt anyone else because of it.

"You can go, Jeff, I can watch him," I said.

"You sure about that? What would Newt-"

"Jeff, just go I'm fine. Really, and Newt doesn't need to be aware of everything I do. I can make my own decisions." Jeff nodded before grabbing his bag and walking out, the door creaking open and slamming shut with a loud clack.

I sat on the bed across from Alby just watching him, when the door creaked open again, I looked up seeing Thomas walking in.

"Well, look who it is..." I scoffed.

"I know you're mad..."

"Mad is an understatement. I'm angry, but I'm also relieved, I'm just agh! You had me worried sick!" I shouted at him smacking his arm. I walked to the supplies table putting away bandages and clips. "I thought you were dead, actually scratch that Chuck and I were the only ones who had the belief you two were actually alive, do you know how hard that is? When everyone is telling you that your brother is dead and there's nothing you can do about it...Even my own boyfriend was saying you were dead! Do you know how hard it is to stand against Newt? I thought I was never going to see you again...So don't you dare ever do that again."

"I won't. I just couldn't stand to leave Minho alone okay? I mean he seems to the most trusted Runner. I mean he's the Keeper, I couldn't let him die, or Alby die..." Winston walked into the hut calling my name.