Chapter 12: Please

(Lucy POV)

I stood in the doorway of the dining hall, my hand a centimeter away from the doorknob. Don't worry Lucaria. You can do this. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

The mild chatters between the group instantly quieted.

"Onee-Chan! You look so pretty!" Mavis exclaimed. I smiled at her, deliberately ignoring Zeref.

Taking a seat next to Erza and Mavis, I slowly ate and talked to them.

"So what's going on at the guild?" I questioned. Erza, Natsu, and Lissana started fiddling with their hands.

"Well uh- you see-" Lissana started.

"-the guild sorta-" Gray continued.

"-um..cried about you...." Erza quietly finished.

I raised my eyebrow slightly and took a bite of crab. "Really? I find that hard to believe, seeing as they completely despised me 2 years ago."

"WHAT?! THEY CRIED ABOUT MY LU-" Zeref shouted, but got cut off by me.

"Anyhow, I should probably get to my room. The fireworks will start soon." I stood up and pushed the chair in before making my way (DOWNTOWN) to my room.

When I arrived at my room, I sat at my vanity table, slowly taking all the accessories out of my hair and off my skin. I stepped into the shower, humming to myself.

"Luca? Luca? Are you there?" A familiar voice called out to me. "Luca? Where are you?"

A tick mark grew on my head and I stepped out of the shower. I slipped a nightgown over my underwear and rustled a towel on my hair before walking out. "I'm right here. What do you want, Zeref?"

He pulled me into a hug, but I pushed him away. "What do you think this is, Zeref? Who do you think I am? Am I just a weak toy to you? I can take care of myself! I don't need to be watched every second! I've had enough of this! It's fine if you want to ward off a few people, but I can handle myself in a fight! Now goodnight!" I bursted out in anger and jumped onto my bed, hugging a penguin plushie(I actually have one, and they are SOO kawaii!).

I put up a barrier to ward everybody off, and Zeref eventually went away. I knew that I should've said something, but i didn't do anything wrong. I protected myself, so why was he so mad?!!??! I puffed up my cheeks and tried to relax, but was interrupted by the fireworks erupting outside. Sighing, I let out a breath and stood up. I walked over to my piano and started playing.

Dancing bears, painted wings
Things I almost remember....

I stopped abruptly. Don't remind yourself of them, Lucaria. Don't remind yourself of the ones who you don't see. I curled up into a little ball and sobbed. Don't think of them. Just think of happy things. Forests. Baby animals. I started to stop my crying. Fire. Everything burning. My crying ceased shortly, only to be replaced by wails. NO NO NO NO NO! GO AWAY! HAPPY THOUGHTS HAPPY THOUGHTS HAPPY THOU-I passed out.

Please come back, mommy, daddy.