Chapter 1

(Listen to halycon by Ellie Goulding)

I was sitting in my from with my friend dahlia. She was reading a new magazine that had came out in our town as I was sitting at my mirror mindlessly brushing the many curls from my head.

"Looks like hangal got arrested once again." Dahlia says.

We lived in the town of Laforson. One of the many other villages from
Gavaldon, To Hankerston, To Reigning and many more.

"Mahogany did you hear me?"
Dahlia said pulling me out of my trance.

"Uh? What, oh no sorry lost in thought." I say to her admitting not to be listening to her.

"I said hangal got arrested again for who knows what." She says kicking her feet up reading through the magazine.

"Do you think he will come for us?" I asked Dahlia.

He wasn't referred to hangal. No I'm talking about a different he the School master of The fairy tale school for The Good and The Evil. Each year he came to towns stealing children aging from ages 12 to 18 to be in fairy tales to train to one day in their life become apart of a fairy tale.

"To be truthful yes and no, yes because we still haven't been taken and no because there is still a huge variety of kids who can be taken." She says.

"I just I don't know how I would feel if we were taken that means one of us will be put into evil." I say sighing.

"Well we will make them change their minds if they try to separate us." Dahlia says.

I laugh and so does she.

"Girls lights out you have to get up early in the morning to help out at the nursery." My mom says coming into the room.

"alright mother." I say as I set my brush down and get up to turn the lamp off.

I get in the bed once doing that next to dahlia soon falling asleep getting lost in my thoughts.

As the night carried on I woke to the sound of the window creaking. I knew it was the night he came for the children but he couldn't possibly want me I thought. I turned from the window back facing it. I tried to fall asleep again when I heard the noise once again.  I then shake dahlia awake.

"Dahlia wake up I head something." I say to her.

"Your just imagining mahogany go back to sleep." She say groaning in the process.

I turn back toward the window when I saw a shadow creeping in. I knew that it was him.

"Wake up dahlia wake up he's here go get up."
I say panicked she shoots up and sees the shadow also. As we were about to climb out of bed we and our trunks we had, Dahlia always brought hers anywhere, was swept away into the night. We screamed and yelled and it was like nobody could hear us as we were being swept away from our homes.

"Where are they taking us?!?" I screamed.

"Answer us!" Dahlia yelled.

We we soon somehow ended up in the sky over a lake of enchantment and a lake of sludge just like how they talked about. Honestly I wouldn't have minded being on any side it would seem cool but as we were over the lake I realized somehow we ended up in the clasp of a huge birds wings. We circle over the enchanted lake and I looked toward dahlia and she looked at me with a scared expression.

Swoosh. We were released from the birds claws falling from the sky down into the enchanted lake.

"Aaaaaa this is crazy, aaaaaaa one of us should have been evil aaaa." I yelled curious as to why we were both falling into the good lake.