Prologue

Start writing your story

"Marinette? MARINETTE! Oh my God! No, no! I... I was supposed to protect you!" Adrien sobbed. He crumpled to his knees and buried his head in his hands. The only thing I could hear, was his pitiful sobs, the screaming wail of sirens, the pounding in my own bleeding head, and the shrieks of on-looking pedestrians. It was all but white noise to me. I used the bit of strength in my body, to outstretch my arm, and intertwine my bloody fingers with his shaky, tear-stained ones. I looked over and his piercing green eyes met mine.

"You.. you can't leave me, Marinette, not like this... not now..." His voice was shaky and cracking.

"Adrien, you're my entire world. You're the reason I'm here. I-I could never leave you... I love you..." I tried to smile but to no avail. My eyes were burning with hot tears, but nothing compared to Adrien's. He looked at me, for about ten seconds, before he completely broke down, sobbing hysterically.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me tighter than he had ever before, and I hugged back, as best as I could. I watched as my vision slowly blurred. The last thing that left my lips, were:  "I love you, Adrien..." And I could feel Adrien hug me tighter and whisper in my ear, "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." He kept hugging me until the very moment the paramedics rushed me onto the gurney and into the ambulance. The last thing I saw before the doors closed was Adrien standing with his arms wrapped around Eileen, crying.