Chapter nine: Skin Deep (Part One)

Marinette's POV

As I walked back to my dorm, I heard footsteps behind me, running towards me. I glanced back and seen Adrien running toward me.

"Marinette!" He breathed as he stopped in front of me.

"Adrien? Is something wrong?" I ask worried. I turned around to face him.

He shakes his head. "There's only thing that I'm concerned about right now, and that's you, Mar."

"Why? There's nothing wrong."

"You're lying, I can tell by the look in your eyes."

I look down at the pavement underneath our feet. Was it that obvious that something was wrong?

"Mari, you can tell me anything, I'll always listen to you, always." He placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at it, and sighed.

"... I failed an important test..." I lied. Adrien doesn't need to know what happened with Chloe junior and Ryan. It's best if I keep him in the dark about it.

"Is that all?" He asks, and I nod slowly.

"You had me worried about you, and it was just some silly test?" He sighed in relief and pulled me into a tight hug. I was hesitant to hug back, but eventually did.

"I didn't mean to worry you so much, Adrien."

"I'm always going to worry about you, Mari. I lo---" He stopped and shook his head. "Never mind, forget that last part."

I nod and pull away from his hug. I would've questioned it, but since my thoughts were already occupied by the fashion show, I didn't show much interest in it.

"I'll, uh, see you later?" He asked, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. I nod silently.

Adrien waves bye, then turns and walks in the other direction. I'm sorry, Adrien. I just don't want you to find out and be even more worried. Shaking my head, I turn back around and walk to my dorm.

It took only about five minutes to return to my dorm, and when I did, low and behold, Samantha stood in front of my door, blocking the way.

"Uh, excuse me, could you please move?" I ask politely. She turns to face me, her nose scrunched up.

"Can't you see I'm busy, fat piglet?" She screamed into my face. I backed up slowly, getting away from her.

"You're kind of in my way." I respond softly.

"Big deal! You can wait!" She turned back around to aid the person she was with. They were plastering flyers over the walls, probably trying to get the whole school anticipated for the upcoming show.

I roll my eyes and turn around. Bitch. I began to walk back to the front of the girls' dorms, when I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh!" I look up and see Ryan. He stared down at me, and grinned.

"Marinette! I've been looking all over for you!"

"Why, so you can lie to my face again?" I respond, annoyed. I try to move past him, but he stops me by grabbing my arm.

"Wait," I look over my shoulder. "I wanted to apologize for doing that."

Is he serious? I turn to face him again, my arms crossed over my chest. "I'm not going to accept your apology, Ryan."

He looks at me, dumbstruck. "Why not? You forgave Adrien."

I open my mouth to respond but quickly shut it after he mentioned Adrien. "How do you know about that?"

"Easy, Samantha told me she seen you and him having 'fun' in the boys' showering room." He smirked.

I could feel my face getting hot, and tears wanting to fall, but I held them back.

"Do you seriously think I would forgive you after this? If so, you must have a very low IQ."

"Oo, you're feisty, I like that." He purred into my ear. I back away in disgust.

"Sorry, but I don't fall for assholes."

"Who said I was an asshole?"

"I did, like five seconds ago." I roll my eyes and pull my arm out of his grip. "And if you know what's good for yourself, I suggest you leave me the hell alone, okay?" I turn back around and walk away.

"Maybe you'd get laid if you weren't such a bitch!" He yelled after me.

Why are guys like him, such jerks? It boggles my mind that there's people actually like him in the world. As I made my way to the front doors, I could hear Samantha's annoying snicker from down the hall.

"Don't worry, I'll continue messing with her until she drops out completely. She's going to wish she didn't know Adrien by the time I'm done with her fat ass."

"Damn, you're savage." Ryan responded with a laugh.

"I just know what I want, and I want him, and she's sure as hell not going to have him, not if I have anything to do with it."

"And what do you plan on doing to her?"

I didn't bother to hear the rest of their conversation. I ran out, tears streaming down my face. Maybe I am a little 'big'... I look down at the little pooch of my stomach and cover it with my hands. My face was surely red as I sat down on a bench, still covering my stomach. I'm going to lose this pocket of fat before the fashion show, and I'll do anything to get rid of it. Anything.

----------