Chapter nineteen: Everything is not as it seems

Eileen's POV (breaking the fourth wall here XD)

So I bet you're wondering what the actual hell is going on? Marinette is getting married to some guy named Mason, which turns out to be a fake marriage and Adrien is with some girl named Jess that we know nothing else about? Well, settle in, things are gonna get bumpy this chapter. Grab a drink and maybe a snack. You'll be here for a bit... unless you're those kinds of people that speed read chapters because the author is shit at updating. Yeah, I've been there. But anyway, Adrien and Marinette are MEANT to be! Just look at the signs!

They're going to the same college, coincidence or not, they both clearly have feelings for each other and have kissed twice. TWICE. What's the hold up here?! Two kisses aren't enough for them? They're both really dense but we don't talk about it in front of them.

So, now that Jess has been introduced, here's her backstory. Jess is Adrien's mother, short for Jessica. After stumbling upon the peacock broach, Gabriel and his wife soon found the buttery pendant and became Hawkmoth and... well, we're not sure about his wife. Anyway, Jess and Gabriel were both afraid the miraculous-es or however you spell the plural form of that word, would come back and cause trouble for their newborn son, Adrien. They both decided to hide their powers for as long as they could and once Adrien was old enough, they'd get rid of them completely. Now I know what you're thinking, "But Eileen! Why didn't they just get rid of them when they realized it could cause trouble! It would've been so much easier!" And I agree with you one hundred percent but at the time, the miraculous wasn't used for fighting crime because Hawkmoth hadn't become a threat to everyone... until Adrien had succumbed to his teen years.
With the mysterious disappearance of his wife, Gabriel tried his best to care for his son even if it meant keeping said son away from the outside world, only to rely on, heavily guarded, internet access. Things were as... okay as they could be, there weren't any signs of distress until the first glimpse of his wife's whereabouts. Immediately acting upon instinct, Gabriel Agreste headed for the last country his wife was seen; a place I seem to have forgotten.. my bad.

Gabriel gave a long and tiring list to Nathalie, ensuring that his son would be too exhausted to notice his father's absence. Once the designer had arrived, the only clue that gave him the impression she had in fact been there, was a small blue-green peacock broach on top of an end table by the conveniently opened window. He had just missed witnessing his wife's departure by a few short minutes and since then, Gabriel has never been able to forgive himself. If only he hadn't hesitated when he finally found the room inside an old hotel where people rarely stayed unless it was to get away, convenient for the time being, then maybe he could've stopped her, could've brought her home to their worried son... could've done something, anything to prevent her from jumping out the window, never to be seen nor heard from years later. If only...
Now back to Jess, there's not much known about why she left, she just... did. It wasn't to hurt Adrien or Gabriel as they had done nothing wrong and didn't deserve it, but in her mind, she felt the need to escape. Escape the lights and cameras every time she stepped foot out of their large home, escape everyone's expectations of who she should and should not be, and escape... the Miraculous...

Just as Samantha had taken the sunshine boy himself, she was far away from Hawkmoth's commanding orders to steal two Miraculous-es(?) which now left her power strained as she found herself in a different country.
Lights shined bright, illuminating an array of colors across the ground. Not to distract herself from the task at hand, she lurched forward for the mountains, dragging Adrien behind her. He had been unconscious the entire way there and remained slumped on the girl's shoulders. She smirked to herself as she ran closer to her destination. Arriving minutes later, Samantha walked through the double doors of the entrance, greeted by her mother who just so happened to resemble her offspring; shoulder length blonde hair with dazzling hazel eyes to go along. Her skin resembled beach sand, slightly pale in her cheeks and the bridge of her nose and sun-kissed everywhere else while her mother was the equivalent of the word 'tan'.