Chapter fifteen: Her Birthday

Adrien's POV

That kiss almost happened... And it would've if Lucas didn't interrupt. But what if he hadn't and she still didn't want to kiss me? Why am I dwelling over something that didn't happen? Geez, I need to clear my thoughts.

"Adrien? Are you going to at least talk to me? I didn't mean to ruin the moment and if I knew it was going to happen, I sure as hell wouldn't have come back at all. But Eileen didn't know if Marinette was with you or not, so... yeah." He smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck. "Forgive me for being a total cock block?"

I look over at him and can't help but smile. "You weren't a cock block and besides, I'll just have to get back at you for that. Hopefully Eileen won't kill me." We both laugh and he nods. "True, she does love the Lucisnator." He laughs again and I roll my eyes.

"Oh God, Lucas! You're terrible!"

"The best kind of people always are!"

I roll my eyes again and stand up from my bed."And where exactly do you think you're going?"

"Oh, my bad, MOM, I didn't know you were so worried about me. I promise that I'll be home by ten o'clock, okay?" I throw one of my pillows at him and chuckle.

Lucas just shrugs and closes his eyes. "You better be or I'll ground you when you get home!"We both share a laugh before I grab my phone and walk out of our shared dorm room.

As I walk down the hallway towards the main doors, my thoughts get clouded by the last memory I had with Plagg before he left, bringing tears to my eyes yet again.

-------------

"So you really are gonna do it?" He asks, as I stand in front of him, standing in the middle of my dorm. I nod with a bright smile, which shocks the back cat kwami.

"Yup!"

"You do know that you can't transform anymore, right? You're gonna have to live as the powerless prince you've always hated to be. You sure you're fine with that?"

I nod again and sigh softly.

"I have to leave you and look for a new Black Cat."Pressing my lips together, I nod yet again, the smile never leaving my face.

"Yeah... It's sad to part from you Plagg, since you're a big part of my childhood, but I'll be okay. I've got her by my side."

"And if she excepts you, then she won't be the Ladybug you used to adore anymore."I chuckle softly and glance down at the floor.

"That's my problem. I can't think of anything but her. Because the fact that she IS Ladybug, my admiration for her will never change. Since I've realized who she is, now I can't stop myself. She's still brave and confident as ever, she will always shine in my eyes. I'm just the black cat hiding in the darkness, and where there's darkness there will always be light. And I'll always follow that light to become a shadow of this shining girl."The tears rolled down my cheeks in a continuous stream as the words left my lips. Marinette had taught me that growing up doesn't mean you're alone. Other people face it with you, and watch as you push past preconceived notions that others thought about you. And it made me realize just how much I love this girl.

-----------------

A sad yet happy departure from a good friend made me finally realize, after a long time, what it means to actually love a person. Two people who are destined to be together for the rest of their days, always together and always faithful to one another. Never losing the adoration that you have towards that special person. Watching as their eyes light up and a smile forms across their lips is probably one of the most beautiful sights in the entire world.

Shouldering the door open, I hold it for the next person and let go of the handle once they were close enough to grab it. Making my way towards the girls' dorms, I stop in front of me and see the exact person I was looking for.

"Eileen!" I holler and run over to her. Turning to face me, she tilts her head to the side.

"Yeah? What's up?"

Catching my breath, I blink a few times. "As you know, Marinette's birthday is coming up and-"

Before I get my sentence out, she squeals loudly and starts to jump around. "You're getting her a birthday present aren't you?!"

I nod slowly and keep back a smile. "Uh, yeah I am. Do you know what I should get her?"

"Oh most definitely! And it's really simple so you can't fuck it up." She chuckles and motions for me to follow her. Walking next to her, I realize how tall she is compared to Marinette. Now I see why Lucas keeps talking about dating a taller girl. If she wore heels, she'd make him look like an elf from the North Pole.

"So, what's this simple thing I should get her?" I ask, once we were sitting on a bench outside of the main hall.

"Okay, well, it's nothing material wise, although she'd like that too, but no, what you need to do for her birthday is tell her how you feel about her and I know you have feelings for her just by the way you smile when she's around."

I blush and look down at my hands. "Is it really that noticeable?"

Eileen nods and leans her back against the bench. "Big time."

"Fuck."

"So? What do you think of it?"

Shrugging, I glance at her again. "Well, it's not a terrible idea, but it kind of gets in the way of staying friends."

She laughed and threw her head back. "Friends? Seriously?" Laughing again, she hold her forehead with her hands.

"What? What is so funny?" I ask, a little annoyed.

"Adrien, friends don't almost kiss in the middle of the night or have tremendous feelings for one another that they forget to talk when that certain 'friend' is around. Face it, you and Marinette are more than friends, you just don't know it yet."

"So you're saying we're dating, but we're not?"

She nods. "Mhm, that's exactly it!"

I furrow my brows. "How exactly does that work? I mean, Marinette and I do-"

"Do what?" Eileen and I look up to see the girl herself standing there with a confused look.

"Somebody grab the popcorn, shit is about to go down!" Eileen laughs and looks at me. Unable to say anything else, I gulp and bite my lip nervously. There is only one word to say: fuck...

---------------

[A/N] I've been thinking a bit and what if i did shout outs for every chapter? Would any of you be okay with that? Let me know!

Update: Chapters will be posted on every Wednesday from now!!

~~miraculousduo💙