Chapter two: Finding Out Is The Worst Part

Six months later...

Marinette's POV

As I laid on my bed, my head pointed to the ceiling of my dorm. My thoughts kept thinking of him, and how he never kept his promise over the summer. I was now a freshman at IFA Paris. I met a lot of new friends, one being my room mate, Eileen Collins. She's great designer, but damn can she use a needle.

"Marinette? Are you okay?" My room mate asks as she walks in with another box. We had been unpacking almost every day since we've arrived. Our dorm room consisted of two beds, a large closet for the two of us, two medium sized desks, and many, many, many cardboard boxes that have yet to be opened.

"Hm?" I lift my head. "Oh yeah, I'm fine." I lay my head back down on my pillow and sigh again.

Eileen places the box she had been carrying, down on the floor and places both of her hands onto her hips.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng!" I suddenly sit up as she giggles.

"Yes?" I shyly respond.

"What is wrong with you?' She sits down on the bed, making it slightly bounce.

"It's nothing, Eileen." I sit up, take my phone off of the night stand beside my bed, and check my phone. Nothing. No missed calls, no text messages, just notifications from my news app.

"Are you still heart broken about that one guy? Oh what's his name?" She closes her hazel eyes to think. "Andre? Marin?"

I shake my head and chuckle. "Adrien?"

"That's the one!" She opens her eyes and smiles. I laugh and place my phone back on the night stand.

"I was never heart broken to begin with." I get off my bed and walk to the window. I look back at Eileen, who had raised both her eyebrows and cocked her head.

"Really? You weren't heart broken at all?" I shake my head, making her scoff.

"Marinette, the very first thing you said to me when we met was, 'Hi! I'm Marinette and I'm in love with Adrien!'." She laughs.

"I-I did not!" My cheeks turn red.

"Yes you did! And after you blurted it out, you told me about the promise he made you, and how he never kept it." I look down, embarrassed.

Now that I remember it, I did tell her everything about Adrien, including graduation night. We would stay up late on the first few days, just talking and everything I ever knew about him, came out. I told her how much I loved him in secondary school (high school), and how much I had missed him these past few months. She never once judged me for having a slight obsession on him, but to me, it didn't feel like I was obsessed with him. I felt love for him, I cared about him, and I worried about him. A lot.

"It's okay, Marinette. He was your first love, and I know how hard it can be to think that he betrayed you, but he--"

"He didn't betray me." I interrupted. Her eyes widen a little. "He just broke a promise, that's all." I look back down and step away from the window.

"Breaking a promise is the same thing as betraying someone." I nod, understanding what she meant. Even though I didn't want to hear it, Eileen was right. Adrien did betray me. Was I too blind about my feelings toward him, to not even realize that he betrayed me?

"Eileen, I'm sorry I snapped at you." I look at her, and force a smile. She gives me a genuine smile and pulls me into a small hug.

"It's okay, Marinette. I don't blame you, I would've done the same."