(4)

I sit in bed with Kaleb and I just watch my mother stand there her eyes burning with furrie. She marches herself over here and slaps me across the face I wince at her hand making contact with my bruised face and she kept hitting me over and over again.

Kaleb grabs his phone and calls his dad at work and Trent gets here as soon as he can. When he gets here I am on the floor getting kicked in the rib cage, Kaleb couldn't do anything, Trent pushes my mother off of me and pins her against the wall as he is calling the police. They come and take her, I was still crying my rib cage was bruised up and down my face was red and had her hand print on my face. Trent picks me up bridal style and starts to leave the room.

"Can I stay here with Kaleb?" I ask.

He nods and brings me back into the room and sets me down on Kaleb's bed.

"I have got to go back to work. See you later!" Trent exclaims.

I snuggle up closer to Kaleb to where my head is resting on his chest. He puts his hand on my waist and pulls me closer.

"I know we hate-" Kaleb got cut off by me. "Just stop Kaleb." I eventually fell asleep on him.
<><><><><><><><>
7 weeks later

"Your cast is off!!" I was very excited to see him not wobble up and down the stairs.
"Yes Princess my cast is off!!" He replies attempting to do a Spanish accent, I laugh. We get in my Lamborghini and Kaleb asks "Do you want to celebrate by going to Luke's (best friend) party tonight?"

"Only if Layla can come?"

"Yeah, whatever" he grunts

We start driving towards the house and the stupid light is still red so I turned the music up a little and start singing to Centuries By: Fallout Boy and Kaleb joins in. By the time we arrive at the house we are laughing so hard that we are both crying.

"Hmm? No one is home. What's going on Kaleb?" I ask curiously.

"The therepists says it alright for you mom to come home and marry my dad also she is 7 months pregenet." He replies.

"P-pregenet as in your father and my mother did it?!? Gross.... And I don't want her back She will just hit me agian." I said trying to stay calm

"Its alright princess she can't and won't hurt you as long as I am around" Kaleb gives me a kiss on my forehead.

We go inside the house and Kaleb picks me up and with just the reaction I wrap my legs around his waist. "Hmm something different.." He whispers in a husky voice.

Beep Beep

We both look outside a White Jeep Wrangler....Trent and mother. I start to panick then I start sweating and now I am having breathing problems again (Thanks mom for kicking me!)

"Shh, calm down princess everything is going to be on." His words are hushed but I could hear them.

Click

The door knob turns and before it opens I am running up the stairs and locking myself in my room. "Hey Kaleb! So nice to see you again." I can hear my mother's soft words being spoken.
I hear footsteps coming closer to me I grab my switch blade and hold it out to the door.

Buzz Buzz

Kaleb:
Get out of your room! Come see your mother.

Me:
Hell no! I am safe in here she can't hurt me in here not one bit.

Kaleb:
Ugh your a pain in the neck!!!

Me:
:) haha

Kaleb:
*groans*

I hear a knock on the door "GO AWAY KALEB!!" I shout.

"Its your mother, Zoey."
I began to panick I look at my out fit and it was the shortest shorts ever and the ugliest shirt. I grab a pair of jeans and grab Kaleb's black T-Shirt. I put my switch blade in my pocket. I open the door mother was going in for a hug I backed away from her and held out my hand so she could shake it.

"Can't I have a hug Zoey?" My mother asks

"No" I say firmly.

I brush past her and walk past everybody but Kaleb he of course didn't have a shirt on then He smashed his lips against mine. I stand there dumbfounded, but put my hands on his bare chest and pull away.

"I-I am sorry." Kaleb stuttered out. He puts on a random shirt and then he ran out of the house, got on his motorcycle and off he goes.

What the hell?
<><><><><><><><><><>
Four hours have passed and Kaleb isn't home, I've been avoiding mother as much as possible. Finally 5 hours later Kaleb comes through the door, drunk.

"Kaleb?" I ask "yes princess?" his words are all slurred together "I'm bored" I pout.
It dawned on me I NEED to kiss him, I wanted my lips on him, I wanted my future stepbrother.